Lectron 36 or 38 ?

Related:
Create New Tag

7/5/2017 4:14 PM

title says it ... building my kx 125 dumping this 36mm pwk that some douche decided to destroy ... anyways i do mostly motocross and just getting back into all this after a break ... never messed with the lectron but my research has me sold... on their website it specifies the 36mm is more for trail riding and that i should go with the 38mm??

https://www.lectronfuelsystems.com/index.php/off-road/kx/36mm-kx125.html

has two choices.... will the 36mm suit me for a average to under average MX rider?

Any advice anyone thanks!

|

2018 crf 250r

7/5/2017 4:53 PM

I have one on my 2016 KTM 125SX and I called them. Talk to David, he can recommend which is best for your bike.

|

7/5/2017 5:08 PM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

I have one on my 2016 KTM 125SX and I called them. Talk to David, he can recommend which is best for your bike.

Will do man , thanks a lot!

|

2018 crf 250r

7/7/2017 6:57 AM

Also does anyone that is more familiar with these bikes then myself know if i will run into any issues without the tps from the stock carb hooked up?

|

2018 crf 250r

7/7/2017 9:08 AM

There is a TPS connected to your carb? What year bike are you putting it on?

Mine is on a 2016 KTM, plug and play.

|

7/7/2017 10:42 AM

CarlinoJoeVideo wrote:

There is a TPS connected to your carb? What year bike are you putting it on?

Mine is on a 2016 KTM, plug and play.

2000 kx 125 , i have a fuel cut off solenoid which im pretty sure can be tucked ... but i also have a tps sensor.

|

2018 crf 250r

7/8/2017 11:33 AM

Supposedly Lectron was working on a tps version of their carbs but that was a while ago. If you seeking a alternative PWK 36mm tps carb then search for beta xtrainer carbs. They use a 36 mm PWK tps carb. The three wire plug might be different so you will need to re-wire possibly the plugs.

|

7/8/2017 9:15 PM

Airboy808 wrote:

Supposedly Lectron was working on a tps version of their carbs but that was a while ago. If you seeking a alternative PWK 36mm tps carb then search for beta xtrainer carbs. They use a 36 mm PWK tps carb. The three wire plug might be different so you will need to re-wire possibly the plugs.

Awesome to know thanks , my question is basically will the bike run right without a tps? I understand it slightly alters the ignitions .. but shouldn't that be able to be adjusted through fueling? I can't see myself being the first person to ask this question someone has got to know

|

2018 crf 250r

7/8/2017 9:33 PM

and now actually after doing some research ... this carb that I have I believe is a pwm ... it does not have the round cap on the top for the throttle slide .. it has the weird shaped one ...

|

2018 crf 250r