Leatt chest protector, kidney belt and neckbrace not fitting

Brooklyn
Hi

Lately I bought a Leatt kidney belt to wear it with my Leatt 2,5 chest protector and Leatt neckbrace. I used the kidney belt for 2 months without any problems, but now (I have added 3 weeks of intense gym to my workout routine) the kidney belt and the chest protector do not fit or match with each other. The chest protector gets stuck on the kidney belts edge and it pushes the chest protector with the Leatt neck brace tied to it upwards. The problem is that the neck brace is lifted so high, that I have to push the neck brace with my back side of the helmet to get the right fitting again.

Does anybody have similar experience? Does the neck brace strapping help? Maybe I should switch the chest protector to a larger size or tuck the kidney belt lower? Maybe the Leatt kidney belt is too thick and I should switch it to a smaller and thinner one.

I've grown quite fond of the kidney belt and I wouldnt like to ditch it.
|
Paw Paw
9/10/2017 3:40pm
The strap does help.

Paw Paw
Brooklyn
9/11/2017 8:17am
Thank you for your response. I wil try the straps. Does anybody else have any experience or comments on that matter?
JBecker 72
9/11/2017 11:09am
I wear a GPX 5.5 neck brace, Adventure Lite chest protector, and a Fly kidney belt. No issues with them bunching up. I only use the straps on the chest protector that hook the sides of the neck brace, and not the straps that go around your chest to keep the brace in place.

Out of curiosity, are you wearing the kidney belt under or over your jersey? I wear mine under.
Brooklyn
9/11/2017 11:52am
I am wearing chest protector and kidney belt under my armour. I remember, that when I first bought the kidney belt, I tucked it in my pants with a little edge of it. Maybe my upper body has grown larger and I have to try another chest protector because I didnt have the probems before.

The Shop

JBecker 72
9/11/2017 11:55am
I'm wearing my chest protector over the jersey. Maybe that's where your issue is. I know kidney belts are not in vogue currently, so not many will chime in most likely. I only recently started wearing one again at the start of this year. It's nice to not have your lower back as sore the next morning.
Brooklyn
9/11/2017 12:18pm
Yeah, and I also believe it helps to keep your back like the belt in gyms when you are doing heavy liftings with your back.

I will give the chest protector a try over a jersey.

Post a reply to: Leatt chest protector, kidney belt and neckbrace not fitting

The Latest