Leaking clutch slave (04 KTM 125sx)

jamesdry
2/2/2019 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 7:57pm
As the title says the magura hydraulic slave clutch on my 04 KTM 125sx is leaking. I noticed the problem when my bike was parked in the shed and saw a small patch of oil on the ground. I simply thought this was just an old gasket for the clutch slave which I bought and replaced and still noticed the leaking a few days after replacement. I progressed to pull off the clutch slave cylinder again to find oil was constantly coming out of the internal bearing which houses the piston which pushes in the clutch (refer to picture attached for better understanding). Is this normal?, and if it is not how would i fix this? I also have tried to find a guide on how to rebuild the slave online in case it was the o ring inside but cant find a guide anywhere for the older KTM magura slave cylinders. I havent ridden in 4 months and am dying to ride again so any help or advice is much appreciated! Thanks

|
Layton
2/3/2019 4:23pm
What’s at the bottom of the bearing? It looks like a wire or something is sticking out. Also that gasket surface looks messed up.

Maybe it’s just the way the camera makes it look but...
7/30/2020 10:33am
Did you ever get repairng this? I have the same issue

Post a reply to: Leaking clutch slave (04 KTM 125sx)

The Latest