Kx250f new cases/ pin question

Related:
Create New Tag

10/6/2018 10:25 AM

I have some new cases for a 2012 Kx250f and was curious if any one knows any removal methods for this pin (92043) the new one is on back order until November so if I can remove this one with no damage I would love to not have to wait another coons age Photo

|

10/6/2018 3:00 PM

Heating the case and pulling it out by hand with a glove is about all you can do. I tried removing this pin and the other pin that the kickstart idler gear sits on and I never got them to come out. I decided to order new pins instead, they weren’t on backorder at the time.

Put your case in the oven at 250° for an hour. It should come out, i just didn’t feel like fighting with it.

Don’t forget to install the piston pin oil jet on the new cases too, I’ve made that mistake before!

|

10/6/2018 4:12 PM

I was able to get it out! Some heat and light taps with a punch on the back side of the little one did the trick, didn’t even attempt the kick idler shaft since the new one is on its way

My next question is going to be, will it be safe to throw it in the oven with all the new bearings already installed so I can sweat the pins in like I did to the bearings?

|

10/8/2018 1:48 PM

I always oil and freeze the bearings and pins
I heat the cases with simple map gas until they sizzle spit
The bearings and pins will slide right in
Once the bearings and pins get some heat they will stay put
I freeze the crankshaft also
The main bearing is ready for the crankshaft after about 5-10 minutes sitting in the hot case half
One side is slip fit, and one side is clearance fit
No pullers or hammers needed
I never heat the bearings?
Freeze the bearings and heat the aluminum case?

|

10/8/2018 2:10 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 2:12 PM

speed_racer wrote:

The bearings and ...more

Yeah the bearings went right in when I did it I was pretty stoked on that. I’m asking because I have already sweat the bearings in. I didn’t even think about needing to sweat in these 2 pins.

Will the bearings (already installed to the case) be alright if I throw the case back in the oven to sweat the 2 pins in? Looking back I should have just waited and done it all in one

|

10/8/2018 4:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/8/2018 4:13 PM

speed_racer wrote:

The bearings and ...more

Spudnut wrote:

Yeah the bearings went right in when I did it I was pretty stoked on that. I’m asking because I have already sweat the ...more

The Bearings should be fine... pay attention to their position though as they may move so you may have to re seat then

|

11/5/2018 5:59 PM

So a month later and I finally got around to sweating them in and I just couldn’t get them like I did the bearings. First attempt was at 275 degrees in the oven for a hour and a half and second was 350 for 1 Hr. At this point I will probably just take them to an automotive machine shop to get them pressed

|