Kx250f 2018 dfi light blinks when changing couplers

toky70
4/17/2021 1:10am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2021 11:10am
Hello guys,

I have an kx250f 2018.

I bought it with the black dfi coupler.

I wanted to switch couplers to see which one is more suitable for my style of riding so i bought from the dealership green and white couplers.

Today i installed the green, crancked the bike and started normally, nothing is different, bikes rides and works perfectly but i got the "check engine" light blinking as soon i started the bike.

I put the white coupler and same shit, bike start, works perfectly but the light is blinking.

I put back the original black coupler, no more blinking.

I didnt do the self diagnose teat because it too obvious its because of the couplers but i dont understand why.

Did somebody had same problem? Is it safe to ride like this? I was scared when i saw the light thats why i stopped the bike and didnt wanted to ride it to not make any bigger problems.

Greetings from Croatia, sorry for my english.

|
soggy
Fantasy
3783rd
4/17/2021 6:12am
toky70 wrote:
Hello guys, I have an kx250f 2018. I bought it with the black dfi coupler. I wanted to switch couplers to see which one is more suitable...
Hello guys,

I have an kx250f 2018.

I bought it with the black dfi coupler.

I wanted to switch couplers to see which one is more suitable for my style of riding so i bought from the dealership green and white couplers.

Today i installed the green, crancked the bike and started normally, nothing is different, bikes rides and works perfectly but i got the "check engine" light blinking as soon i started the bike.

I put the white coupler and same shit, bike start, works perfectly but the light is blinking.

I put back the original black coupler, no more blinking.

I didnt do the self diagnose teat because it too obvious its because of the couplers but i dont understand why.

Did somebody had same problem? Is it safe to ride like this? I was scared when i saw the light thats why i stopped the bike and didnt wanted to ride it to not make any bigger problems.

Greetings from Croatia, sorry for my english.

Have you talked to the dealer? If the plugs didn’t come with the bike maybe there is something that needs to be done to sync them to it?
toky70
4/17/2021 8:54am
I will call the dealer but i was sure that the couplers are just like a resistor to show the cdi which map to use. I didnt know that the couplers need to be synced in to work properly
RGaede
4/17/2021 12:08pm
Coupler does not need to be linked to the bike. What black plug cap did you take off? There are several caps that are the same on the bike.
toky70
4/17/2021 1:33pm
RGaede wrote:
Coupler does not need to be linked to the bike. What black plug cap did you take off? There are several caps that are the same...
Coupler does not need to be linked to the bike. What black plug cap did you take off? There are several caps that are the same on the bike.

This one.

The Shop

pete24
4/18/2021 5:41am
could be that you ecu was remapped rendering the other couplers useless, when you ride it with the others does it make a differnce
toky70
4/18/2021 11:07am
I just started it and rev it, i was afraid to ride it due to the dfi light blinking.
So actually if u remap one coupler, the other couplers trow a fault in the cdi?
Because i was thinking that you can remap the couplers and still use them without any problems?
toky70
4/19/2021 11:10am
Update:
I just call the kawasaki dealership from where i bought the bike(used), they told me that is normal that the bike trows an error and the dfi light is blinking, and if the bike works good I dont have nothing to worry about.
I asked if they maybe modded the cdi, they told me they didnt that everything is stock...
So i am a little confused now what to to...
Should i try to drive it with this light on or just continue to drive on the black couplers which doesnt give any error?

Post a reply to: Kx250f 2018 dfi light blinks when changing couplers

The Latest