Kx125 shock swap

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2020 8:32 PM

I have a 2004 with blown out suspension so before I bother with rebuilding and all that I'm looking into swapping it for something better, I saw someone do an rm125 shock? I'm planning to swap the front to a 2011 setup

|

3/31/2020 4:03 PM

I have a set of pro circuit forks and shock, They are B kit forks with all the same coating as there A kit suspension

|

3/31/2020 7:30 PM

Sadly thats not in the budget right now, I am just trying to find out what people have done for shock swaps and why beyond a kit..

|

4/2/2020 8:41 AM

gs317 wrote:

Sadly thats not in the budget right now, I am just trying to find out what people have done for shock swaps and why beyond a ...more

Support parts are available for that shock, i would stay with stock model, and get it working properly.

|

Livin' the dream, two wheels at a time!

8/25/2021 8:28 PM

gs317 wrote:

I have a 2004 with blown out suspension so before I bother with rebuilding and all that I'm looking into swapping it for ...more

Can you elaborate on the 2011 options?

|

8/25/2021 10:11 PM

gs317 wrote:

I have a 2004 with blown out suspension so before I bother with rebuilding and all that I'm looking into swapping it for ...more

KVA_536 wrote:

I ended up putting a 2014 kx250f fork and triple clamp on the bike. I went with that year as it was the SFF suspesion with a few years of development on it but not too new to be super expensive. I resprung for the lighter bike and they work much better than stock

|

8/26/2021 4:33 AM

gs317 wrote:

I ended up putting a 2014 kx250f fork and triple clamp on the bike. I went with that year as it was the SFF suspesion with a ...more

Killer! thank you for sharing

Did you update the shock at all as well?

|

8/26/2021 7:12 AM

04 KX125 are amazing. I had Pro Circuit service mine, stock. The reviews said the bike was Pro level. Today the bikes are built for novice riders? More power, not stiff enough.
https://motocrossactionmag.com/two-stroke-tuesday-we-test-the-2004-kawasaki-kx125/
Good Luck. I love mine.

|

David
774 CC Powersports Kawasaki
Factory Backing Factory Seat
Acerbis Dunlop
Sunstar Braking
MX Engine Stands
Matrix Concepts

8/26/2021 7:25 AM

KVA_536 wrote:

gs317 wrote:

I ended up putting a 2014 kx250f fork and triple clamp on the bike. I went with that year as it was the SFF suspesion with a ...more

KVA_536 wrote:

Shock is the tricky part, the 4 stroke shocks dont have the right lengths for the shafts and body. It can be bolted up but you would have to have a spacer made to go in the body to prevent premature bottoming and damage to internals. Ive seen some people do this and be ok with the results. The other options for a swap are to buy the MXTech National shock($2500), or there is a guy in Australia that will take a RM250 shock and mod it to fit and turn it into a works shock(this is what Luczak runs if you have seen his build). I dont know the price on this one but it wont be cheap just from shipping costs alone and finding a shock for the rework to be done on.

For now I am running the stock shock and will likely have the race tech valving installed when I rebuild it next, unless I either find an old a kit shock that would fit or just buy the MX tech shock.

|

8/26/2021 9:31 AM

gs317 wrote:

Shock is the tricky part, the 4 stroke shocks dont have the right lengths for the shafts and body. It can be bolted up but you ...more

I really appreciate the input. From what i'm thinking, Rt Gold Valves and some coating on the stock one will do

|

8/26/2021 10:15 AM

KVA_536 wrote:

gs317 wrote:

Shock is the tricky part, the 4 stroke shocks dont have the right lengths for the shafts and body. It can be bolted up but you ...more

KVA_536 wrote:

I really appreciate the input. From what i'm thinking, Rt Gold Valves and some coating on the stock one will do

The big problem with the stock shock is lack of adjustability, no hi/low speed adjuster for compression, you get one screw for both

|