Ktm fork part number??

poopbutt444
I ordered these aer 48 forks online off ebay. I was told they were off of a 2016 250sxf factory edition, but the part number on the bottom of the forks has me thinking otherwise... Just wanna know what they are off of, and I cant find the part number anywhere on the internet. They were brand new when I got them.

The Numbers are:
34548Q01R-02
1223183-0251
28.06.18 <-- has me thinking this is the date

Any info would be appreciated.
|
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
4/1/2020 11:45am
Not sure what they're from exactly, but we've ordered a few sets from the same guy. They're legit AER forks off a 2019 model something!
poopbutt444
4/1/2020 11:51am
Ahh thats good to know! Just curious if I can run them for MX without a revalve. I am assuming they are SXF not XCF forks. I hope. The only thing I have noticed is quite a bit of stiction/ slow rebound. Any thoughts on that?
Luxon MX
Fantasy
1061st
4/1/2020 12:08pm
Ahh thats good to know! Just curious if I can run them for MX without a revalve. I am assuming they are SXF not XCF forks...
Ahh thats good to know! Just curious if I can run them for MX without a revalve. I am assuming they are SXF not XCF forks. I hope. The only thing I have noticed is quite a bit of stiction/ slow rebound. Any thoughts on that?
I'm really not sure. We just used them for the outer tubes and sold off the AER internals and lugs cheap. In general, I'd recommend a revalve/spring for anyone that can afford it as suspension is one of the most important parts of the bike. But if not, just throw it on and ride and see how it feels!
poopbutt444
4/1/2020 12:19pm
Ahh thats good to know! Just curious if I can run them for MX without a revalve. I am assuming they are SXF not XCF forks...
Luxon MX wrote:
I'm really not sure. We just used them for the outer tubes and sold off the AER internals and lugs cheap. In general, I'd recommend a...
I'm really not sure. We just used them for the outer tubes and sold off the AER internals and lugs cheap. In general, I'd recommend a revalve/spring for anyone that can afford it as suspension is one of the most important parts of the bike. But if not, just throw it on and ride and see how it feels!
Well thanks for the info! I will see what I can do with them. Been riding on them for about 10 hrs now and they seem pretty decent, just been getting a little bit of headshake lately. Either way they are a much better than my 4cs forks Smile

The Shop

2F4A
4/2/2020 3:53pm
To setup the WP AER 48 forks without a proper revalve is a shitty thing to do but not impossible. Once you have them where you want them to be you are going to love them either with stock valving or a revalve. Keep tuning and take the pressure charts with a grain or salt.
OldManMoto
7/20/2020 7:17pm
I ordered these aer 48 forks online off ebay. I was told they were off of a 2016 250sxf factory edition, but the part number on...
I ordered these aer 48 forks online off ebay. I was told they were off of a 2016 250sxf factory edition, but the part number on the bottom of the forks has me thinking otherwise... Just wanna know what they are off of, and I cant find the part number anywhere on the internet. They were brand new when I got them.

The Numbers are:
34548Q01R-02
1223183-0251

I just ordered from the same guy. All of my numbers are exactly the same except for the middle one, which seems likely to be a serial number. Mine are 1223183-0241. I'm guessing that mine were made 10 units previous to yours on the same day in June. My old XPLOR forks have a 2017 manufacture date and my bike is a 2018. So, these forks probably came off of a 2019 model year bike.

Anyways, I'm also curious to know what model of bike they came off of. I do know that the guys on ThumperTalk say these forks need 10-15 hours to break in. I'll report back when I have mine bolted up to my FE350. I like to ride moto and the XPLOR forks are soft crap on the MX track.
wrc777
Fantasy
587th
7/21/2020 7:29am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2020 7:33am
I ordered these aer 48 forks online off ebay. I was told they were off of a 2016 250sxf factory edition, but the part number on...

The Numbers are:
34548Q01R-02
1223183-0251

OldManMoto wrote:
I just ordered from the same guy. All of my numbers are exactly the same except for the middle one, which seems likely to be a...
I just ordered from the same guy. All of my numbers are exactly the same except for the middle one, which seems likely to be a serial number. Mine are 1223183-0241. I'm guessing that mine were made 10 units previous to yours on the same day in June. My old XPLOR forks have a 2017 manufacture date and my bike is a 2018. So, these forks probably came off of a 2019 model year bike.

Anyways, I'm also curious to know what model of bike they came off of. I do know that the guys on ThumperTalk say these forks need 10-15 hours to break in. I'll report back when I have mine bolted up to my FE350. I like to ride moto and the XPLOR forks are soft crap on the MX track.
I think AER are a lot longer than Xplor so you may need to push them farther up the triple clamps than your Xplor forks.

Edited to add my AER forks felt a lot more plush after I switched from the Nekken bar to the Husky Protaper Evo bar with the softest Emig clamp on grips. I don't know what it is with that Nekken bar. It has the same thickness of aluminum as the Protaper at the ends but it made my hands go numb 5 miles into a ride. Protaper is still ok after 15 miles.
OldManMoto
7/21/2020 9:20pm
Well, FWIW, I got the AER's installed on my FE350. I did offset them 20mm which should be close to what the XPLOR forks were. The AER's are definitely more poised on the MX track and have better bottoming resistance. I'll be curious how they perform after break in.

For anyone looking to make the same swap with an FE or EXC, here is the article I followed. You should note to slide the forks up to 20mm, you need the optional tall 42mm bar clamps from KTM/Husky.

https://transmoto.com.au/rider-feedback-air-vs-coil-sprung-forks/
OldManMoto
3/9/2021 5:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2021 5:51pm
For those of you still curious, I found the answer to our question.

These forks are from a 18/19 Alta Redshift MXR.

https://altaownersforum.com/threads/wp-aer-48-forks.2080/#post-27408

Makes sense considering Alta went out of business around the time and a bunch of wholesale forks probably got dumped onto the market. If that link ever goes dead, the AER forks with part numbers 34548Q01L & 34548Q01R on the inside leg are the MXR forks, as confirmed by @vinsanity over there. Here is the kreft review of the suspension on those bikes, if you are curious about the stock MXR situation:

https://www.kreftmoto.com/alta-mxr-detailed-article

I'll probably be shipping out my AER and stock shock for a little bit of their magic soon!
MrGoodPark
3/21/2021 7:53pm
I bought a set of those forks on ebay as well. It said it was from a 2016 250 sxf factory. Apparently they're from an Alta. I put them on a 2015 250 sxf to replace 4cs. I gave it about 20 hours and they are horribly stiff. The main issue seems to be the rebound. Rebound clicker all the way out and it barely moves. Any more clicks in, it feels rock hard with horribly slow rebound. I just got them revalved with a local tuner and honestly feels no different. I don't think he actually even did anything to it other than change fluids and seals. I'm not sure if there's just something going on with mine or what. I've been pulling my hair out about these. My old 4cs felt plusher and more responsive compared to these. Wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.
OldManMoto
3/22/2021 10:40am
MrGoodPark wrote:
I bought a set of those forks on ebay as well. It said it was from a 2016 250 sxf factory. Apparently they're from an Alta...
I bought a set of those forks on ebay as well. It said it was from a 2016 250 sxf factory. Apparently they're from an Alta. I put them on a 2015 250 sxf to replace 4cs. I gave it about 20 hours and they are horribly stiff. The main issue seems to be the rebound. Rebound clicker all the way out and it barely moves. Any more clicks in, it feels rock hard with horribly slow rebound. I just got them revalved with a local tuner and honestly feels no different. I don't think he actually even did anything to it other than change fluids and seals. I'm not sure if there's just something going on with mine or what. I've been pulling my hair out about these. My old 4cs felt plusher and more responsive compared to these. Wondering if anyone else has had similar experience.
If you take a look at the Kreft article I posted the link to, it says:

"The fork generates at least double the compression damping force we normally see"

That would explain your harshness. I'm a fan of firm suspension and tend to like jumps and tracks, so I'm biased. I'm going to send these off to Kreft and see what they can do with them.
MrGoodPark
3/22/2021 10:45am
Ya I'm hoping to revalve these to what a stock 250 sxf would be, possibly a little more plush. Trying to look around for stock valved specs/worksheet and learn to revalve myself.
OldManMoto
3/22/2021 3:20pm
I've had good luck with Racetech Gold Valves in the past. They come with a setup sheet and stuff. Not sure what your budget is, but for $200 you can get some great results and have lots of optional shims to play with.
MrGoodPark
3/22/2021 5:02pm
Ya, I think that's the route I'll go. Not trying to spend too much more on this bike since it's a 2015. Thanks for the advice.

Post a reply to: Ktm fork part number??

The Latest