Ktm 450 exc-f 2015 magnets gone in to my clutch side crank shaft hole.

3/24/2018 8:52am
KTM 450 EXC-F 2015
I got two 2mm by 2mm neodymium magnets in my clutch side, crank shaft hole, now gone to back of the crank shaft hole and won't go back any further. I won't go into how they got there, long story.

is this clutch side crank shaft hole a oil feed through to crank. And is there a hole the other side of the crank, so I can push bendy wire through and push magnets out from the back of the shaft, because I've got the head and cylinder off as Well. Plus when I tried to blow and suck hard through the crank shaft hole, no air went in or came through, air tight. So im thinking is the clutch side crank shaft hole either not a oil feed, or have the magnets blocked the oil feed??????. Any info much appreciated.

PS

I've tried getting them out with other magnets but no luck.

Do you think because they are as far back as they can go in crank shaft hole, I can drill 1mm diameter, long drill bit and pull it out. Or like I said is there accsess hole behind the crank, so I can push copper wire through and push them out that way.

If the crank shaft hole isn't a oil feed they ain't going anywhere so could leave them in. But if is oil feed they got to come out.

Again any info appreciated

Thanks

Top cat 261076
|
Paw Paw 271
3/24/2018 8:59am
It is time to split the cases and get them out.

Paw Paw
3/25/2018 3:22am
Why split the case when I can see the magnets about 3 1/2 inches down the crank shaft hole.
Why not use a air sucker or vacuum with reduction kit and 1-2mm diameter pipe.
Topcat261076
3/25/2018 3:25am
All I wanted to know was there a access hole behind the crankshaft, so I can push them out, the magnets are not stuck fast they just gone to the back of crankshaft hole 3 - 4" in.
3/27/2018 6:41pm
Chris topcat261076.

Ktm 450 exc-f 2015

2 X (2MM BY 2MM )MAGNETS IN CLUTCH SIDE CRANKSHAFT HOLE.

I got them little critters out, I used 160mm long by 1.5 mm thick drill bit and 160mm by 0.5mm drill bit. I prised them out with the 2 long, thin drill bits. Took me 1, 1/2 hrs but I DONE it.

Since I'm ready to put my head, cylinder and clutch side case on and engine back in bike.

I would like please to ask you, should I be able to blow or suck air through the crankshsft hole, I just got the 2 magnets out of.

I put my lips tight around the crank shaft hole, blew and sucked, but no air came through is this correct or is my crank in need attention. For example when the engine case was split and cleaned out was the crank put back in correctly. Is there oil feed through the hole, or does this only allow oil through at high pressure.

Thanks
Chris
Topcat261076.

Post a reply to: Ktm 450 exc-f 2015 magnets gone in to my clutch side crank shaft hole.

The Latest