Ktm 150 Powervalve Adjustment

ThatOneKid
Where is everybody running their powervalve for a 16-17 Ktm 150? I have messed with it a bit but can't seem to find a sweet spot. I'm looking for a bit more bottom end to be able to use less clutch in the corners. I have also heard of some guys using the yellow spring, anybody have any experience with that, and if so how did it affect the power spread?

Also what gearing is everybody running? considering going up a tooth or two in the rear.

|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
6/20/2017 9:49pm
I have the 2016 125 and run stock gearing and power valve around 1.75 turns in from all the way out. I also have FMF pipe with shorty silencer. Best combination for bottom end in my opinion.
XC706
Fantasy
799th
6/21/2017 2:39pm
The stock PV spriing is horrible. I have tested the yellow, blue and red springs and all of them are a huge improvement over stock. Start with the yellow 2 turns in on the Dolly adjuster from all the way out. If you are at elevation, throw that Mikuni in a lake or get the JD kit. I am up one tooth on the rear. SXS pipe with Bud racing carbon muffler gives more bottom and mid. High compression head from Bud also gives more bottom and mid and I am running pump gas with Lucas oil octane booster. This engine is amazing now, runs nothing like the bog/zap powerband of the stock set-up.

Post a reply to: Ktm 150 Powervalve Adjustment

The Latest