Kreft revalve control

JWACK
Anyone own it yet.? Thoughts? Planing the attack for my next build.. This seems like a cool option. Cone valves are going for about 4300 right now so maybe I can save some coin by going this route if it's worthy. Thanks
|
erik_94COBRA
10/24/2018 9:01pm
It's an externally adjustable midvalve. Could enable finer tuning of damping but can't see it being worth it's price. Definitely a neat solution to a tricky problem.
AJ565
10/25/2018 6:10am
If you are not in a hurry and can play the waiting game CV forks pop up on here all the time for good deals. I bought a really clean newer set on here a few weeks ago with trade for $1800.
jeffro503
10/25/2018 6:37am Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 6:40am
The Kreft suspension has been getting more and more steam out this way , especially with some of the Vet crowd's I ride with. My buddy Chuck ( who races master class ) got it done on his KTM 350 , and now swears by it. He said that he has never had a set of suspension that worked that good , and is that adjustable. Basically , you still have all your normal adjustment's like compression , rebound , ect......but he can now adjust his valving as well. And now you can adjust more on the shock high speed compression valving , to keep the front and rear end balanced depending on what / where you want to ride and level it out with the forks. It's not cheap , but he has mentioned that he'll get it done on his next race bike as well , and it was worth every penny.

Ping really seems to dig it as well.

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/25/2018 7:01am
I was going to send my suspension to them and get this 3 weeks ago and they ghosted me. They were very nice on the phone answering a bunch of specific questions but then they just dropped the ball. With rear shock revalve it was going to be approx. $1400.

The Shop

JWACK
10/25/2018 7:10am
jeffro503 wrote:
The Kreft suspension has been getting more and more steam out this way , especially with some of the Vet crowd's I ride with. My buddy...
The Kreft suspension has been getting more and more steam out this way , especially with some of the Vet crowd's I ride with. My buddy Chuck ( who races master class ) got it done on his KTM 350 , and now swears by it. He said that he has never had a set of suspension that worked that good , and is that adjustable. Basically , you still have all your normal adjustment's like compression , rebound , ect......but he can now adjust his valving as well. And now you can adjust more on the shock high speed compression valving , to keep the front and rear end balanced depending on what / where you want to ride and level it out with the forks. It's not cheap , but he has mentioned that he'll get it done on his next race bike as well , and it was worth every penny.

Ping really seems to dig it as well.

That video is what caught my attention in the first place Jeffro. Does your buddy have the AER forks?
Hearing Ping say it's just as good as any factory stuff he has ever had really has me interested in this set up. I really like the adjustability of it because sometimes I ride Moto and sometimes I ride out in the desert and other times I just go out looking for big jumps. I could dial in the set up for each ride and that would be kick ass.
In that vid ping says they have a long time Honda R@D guy working there now. That has to be a good thing for us non factory guys.
JWACK
10/25/2018 7:11am
seth505 wrote:
I was going to send my suspension to them and get this 3 weeks ago and they ghosted me. They were very nice on the phone...
I was going to send my suspension to them and get this 3 weeks ago and they ghosted me. They were very nice on the phone answering a bunch of specific questions but then they just dropped the ball. With rear shock revalve it was going to be approx. $1400.
Interesting Seth. That's not promising.
JWACK
10/25/2018 7:22am
AJ565 wrote:
If you are not in a hurry and can play the waiting game CV forks pop up on here all the time for good deals. I...
If you are not in a hurry and can play the waiting game CV forks pop up on here all the time for good deals. I bought a really clean newer set on here a few weeks ago with trade for $1800.
I'm not in a hurry as I'm on the couch injured right now and don't even own my new bike yet. Lol. It's going to be about 2 months. I wouldn't be apposed to a set of super clean used stuff if it comes up. ?
jeffro503
10/25/2018 8:36am
seth505 wrote:
I was going to send my suspension to them and get this 3 weeks ago and they ghosted me. They were very nice on the phone...
Hey Seth....what exactly happened? Did they just not get back in touch with you? My buddy Chuck got both forks and shock done with everything they had to offer and I believe that was about $1900.00 including shipping. Which to me is pretty cheap considering what the price of a new(er) set of CV forks and Traxx shock setup is.

And Jwack....I think his forks are still air. Let me text him for sure real quick.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/25/2018 8:50am
seth505 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Seth....what exactly happened? Did they just not get back in touch with you? My buddy Chuck got both forks and shock done with everything they...
Hey Seth....what exactly happened? Did they just not get back in touch with you? My buddy Chuck got both forks and shock done with everything they had to offer and I believe that was about $1900.00 including shipping. Which to me is pretty cheap considering what the price of a new(er) set of CV forks and Traxx shock setup is.

And Jwack....I think his forks are still air. Let me text him for sure real quick.
Ya, I don't mean to steer anyone away from them, they are definitely reputable. I have just been very busy and got annoyed that the ball got dropped.

Basically just called them and asked all my questions, I think it was Matt on the phone and he was very cool/knowledgeable. I then filled out the rider form and they got back to me a few days later with the quote and some more questions. I told them what I wanted and answered some rider/shock setup questions and nothing after that. I only did one follow up email to inquire and I'm sure if I called and reminded them it would have been back in motion.

I really wanted to try this thing but I also just paid out the ass for dog surgery on both it's legs so I'm just going to go local and send it to Enzo.
JWACK
10/25/2018 8:52am
jeffro503 wrote:
Hey Seth....what exactly happened? Did they just not get back in touch with you? My buddy Chuck got both forks and shock done with everything they...

Thanks Jeffro!
jeffro503
10/25/2018 8:59am
He just text me back and said everything was about $1900.00. also said he's never had a problem getting a hold of anyone there , and neither did the other guy's he knows. So I would say , if interested , get in touch with them and see what they say.
jeffro503
10/25/2018 9:01am
seth505 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:

seth505 wrote:
Ya, I don't mean to steer anyone away from them, they are definitely reputable. I have just been very busy and got annoyed that the ball...
Ya, I don't mean to steer anyone away from them, they are definitely reputable. I have just been very busy and got annoyed that the ball got dropped.

Basically just called them and asked all my questions, I think it was Matt on the phone and he was very cool/knowledgeable. I then filled out the rider form and they got back to me a few days later with the quote and some more questions. I told them what I wanted and answered some rider/shock setup questions and nothing after that. I only did one follow up email to inquire and I'm sure if I called and reminded them it would have been back in motion.

I really wanted to try this thing but I also just paid out the ass for dog surgery on both it's legs so I'm just going to go local and send it to Enzo.
I hear ya Seth. I personally haven't ever dealt with them , but the few out here that have , are really happy with them. And Enzo is Freakin' awesome anyways!
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/25/2018 9:35am
O, one of my questions they answered. If I bought the RC control, could I remove it and fit it into the 2019 fork if I got a new KTM and the answer is yes (as expected).
erik_94COBRA
10/25/2018 10:07am
FYI, I have a set of WP CC spring forks on my '17 TC250. Had the forks and shock revalved by Enzo and it is really great. The forks were a deal from e-bay and the revalve was around $500. Total was well under $1k. Craig said the main difference in performance between the AER and the CC would be in front end feel (air vs. spring).

Might be hard to duplicate that. If I were doing over and didn't have spring forks on hand already, I would have the KYB SSS internals fitted to the AER forks.
JWACK
10/25/2018 10:32am
FYI, I have a set of WP CC spring forks on my '17 TC250. Had the forks and shock revalved by Enzo and it is really...
FYI, I have a set of WP CC spring forks on my '17 TC250. Had the forks and shock revalved by Enzo and it is really great. The forks were a deal from e-bay and the revalve was around $500. Total was well under $1k. Craig said the main difference in performance between the AER and the CC would be in front end feel (air vs. spring).

Might be hard to duplicate that. If I were doing over and didn't have spring forks on hand already, I would have the KYB SSS internals fitted to the AER forks.
That is an option as well. Technical touch sells the Kyb Kit that is valved and set up for you for 1000 or so. But you have to do the install your self. I don't have an issue doing this but then I need to get the shock dialed in to match. Not exactly a matching set up front to rear.
mx317
10/25/2018 12:19pm
FYI, I have a set of WP CC spring forks on my '17 TC250. Had the forks and shock revalved by Enzo and it is really...

I talked with Craig Decker about doing the KYB SSS stuff to mine. He said he could do it, but recommended doing the spring conversion and revalve of the AER fork. He said it's cheaper and worked just as well.
erik_94COBRA
10/25/2018 1:00pm

mx317 wrote:
I talked with Craig Decker about doing the KYB SSS stuff to mine. He said he could do it, but recommended doing the spring conversion and...
I talked with Craig Decker about doing the KYB SSS stuff to mine. He said he could do it, but recommended doing the spring conversion and revalve of the AER fork. He said it's cheaper and worked just as well.
He's a straight shooter and has done all 3 of my bikes. Each has performed exactly as I wanted.

A buddy has the AER spring conversion by FC and it's also good (but pricey).
geary
10/29/2018 2:15pm
seth505 wrote:
Ya, I don't mean to steer anyone away from them, they are definitely reputable. I have just been very busy and got annoyed that the ball...

Seth I believe there is some miscommunication that happened. Dropping the ball is not our style!
We're here to help. Giving you a call asap
10/29/2018 4:21pm
I'm just having a hard time justifying spending nearly 2 grand on the stock suspension when i'll never see 500$ of that in return. The concept is really awesome, but at that price i'd rather just source a set of cone valves or go with a set of Ohlins RXF48's. At least i could sell them for most of what i paid for them when i'm finished with them.

I'm also hearing mixed reviews on the RC. Some guys rant and rave about it (just like all guys rant and rave about their newly revalved stock stuff like its gold), while others say it was not right for motocross.

JWACK
10/29/2018 4:56pm
I'm just having a hard time justifying spending nearly 2 grand on the stock suspension when i'll never see 500$ of that in return. The concept...
I'm just having a hard time justifying spending nearly 2 grand on the stock suspension when i'll never see 500$ of that in return. The concept is really awesome, but at that price i'd rather just source a set of cone valves or go with a set of Ohlins RXF48's. At least i could sell them for most of what i paid for them when i'm finished with them.

I'm also hearing mixed reviews on the RC. Some guys rant and rave about it (just like all guys rant and rave about their newly revalved stock stuff like its gold), while others say it was not right for motocross.

I live out in the desert here in New Mexico. I ride and race moto, off road and I also like to go to the dunes and hit 5th gear jumps sometimes. What other setup is available that just might work in all of these situations.?
I have been riding with "kit" suspension for the last 10 years so I understand where your coming from on the money thing. It does seem like a lot. But if I can get a tune and find a good setup for each ride I would be very pleased with it.!
BR8ES
10/29/2018 5:16pm
Kit suspension isn't all that special unless you get it set up for you, factor that cost, etc. and Kreft is a relative bargain.
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
10/30/2018 9:42am
geary wrote:
Seth I believe there is some miscommunication that happened. Dropping the ball is not our style!
We're here to help. Giving you a call asap
Thank you very much! I ended up sending my suspension out more locally but really wouldn't hesitate to try you again in the future. I appreciate you reading this and reaching out.
racerxx276
10/30/2018 8:05pm
The problem with any revalve is that you lose your $$ when you sell the bike.

I installed a set of MX tech Lucky cartridges in my aer's last week. . I've had both WP cone forks, kyb a kit forks on my ktm. The Lucky's are easily the best I've ridden AND you can take them out and put them in your next bike. I think the $900 they charge is a steal for what you get. I just ordered another set for my honda showa forks.
aees
10/31/2018 3:02am
racerxx276 wrote:
The problem with any revalve is that you lose your $$ when you sell the bike. I installed a set of MX tech Lucky cartridges in...
The problem with any revalve is that you lose your $$ when you sell the bike.

I installed a set of MX tech Lucky cartridges in my aer's last week. . I've had both WP cone forks, kyb a kit forks on my ktm. The Lucky's are easily the best I've ridden AND you can take them out and put them in your next bike. I think the $900 they charge is a steal for what you get. I just ordered another set for my honda showa forks.
That is a poor argument.

You actually mean you cant move your stock, revalved, forklegs or (cartridges) over to a new bike next year? I have done that for 4 SXF in a row, in combination with having my CV forks. I actually have my 2016 revalved WP AER on my new SXF and train on from time to time.

Only time you cant do that is if you sell the old bike first, however, you can always find a friend that has that same bike and borrow his 2017 stock suspension and put on your 2016 you are selling, and give him back the stock 2018 you buy after you sold yours. Even easier with WP AER since it is only one legg that is revalved.
AJ565
10/31/2018 8:10am
This was posted up a little bit ago.

Link
JWACK
10/31/2018 8:29am
AJ565 wrote:
This was posted up a little bit ago.

Link
I noticed that as well. I think his point is basically that it feels more like kit suspension. Which is a good thing.
But I didn't read much about the revalve control adjustments though. That's the bread and butter I want to know about. I want the scoop on how much diffrent it feels when going from steep face stiff Moto to hard and choppy off road. I want to know how you had to adjust the air pressure and valving together to get the set up needed etc... Not that I let my buddy's rode the bike and it was like changing spring rates. "On an air fork" that you can just add a pound of air too.
AJ565
10/31/2018 9:36am
JWACK wrote:
I noticed that as well. I think his point is basically that it feels more like kit suspension. Which is a good thing. But I didn't...
I noticed that as well. I think his point is basically that it feels more like kit suspension. Which is a good thing.
But I didn't read much about the revalve control adjustments though. That's the bread and butter I want to know about. I want the scoop on how much diffrent it feels when going from steep face stiff Moto to hard and choppy off road. I want to know how you had to adjust the air pressure and valving together to get the set up needed etc... Not that I let my buddy's rode the bike and it was like changing spring rates. "On an air fork" that you can just add a pound of air too.
I bought a set on CV that should be here tomorrow. Before that I had revalved AER forks and what I noticed about them is:

Yes, revalving them is way better than stock. More plush and doesn't blow through the travel vs. stock in braking bumps. I have video of my bike stock almost bottoming in braking bumps and then after the revalve only using half stroke with the same air pressure. When I was talking to Billy at Powerband I asked him about adjusting preload between sand and dirt as I ran 148psi on dirt and 156psi (before the revalve) in sand. He said that I was compensating for the valving and I should be fine with the same spring rate (or air pressure) everywhere and to add compression with the clickers (on the CV he said +2, which means about 3-4 on the AER) to hold it up in the stroke more for sand if needed.

The second thing I noticed about the AER after the revalve is if you're just tooling around then you'll notice them being a tad harsh and all the complaints everyone has about them. If you're riding hard thats when these forks really shine. They are plush, great bottoming resistance, and soak up the bumps. I only went to cone valves because of the deal I got and I like testing new setups.

Basically I don't think the Revalve control is worth the money. I think you'd be more than happy with a good revalve (Derek Harris of HP Race Development is who did my revalve).
blaze 57
10/31/2018 10:57am Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 11:00am
JWACK wrote:
I noticed that as well. I think his point is basically that it feels more like kit suspension. Which is a good thing. But I didn't...
AJ565 wrote:
I bought a set on CV that should be here tomorrow. Before that I had revalved AER forks and what I noticed about them is: Yes...
I bought a set on CV that should be here tomorrow. Before that I had revalved AER forks and what I noticed about them is:

Yes, revalving them is way better than stock. More plush and doesn't blow through the travel vs. stock in braking bumps. I have video of my bike stock almost bottoming in braking bumps and then after the revalve only using half stroke with the same air pressure. When I was talking to Billy at Powerband I asked him about adjusting preload between sand and dirt as I ran 148psi on dirt and 156psi (before the revalve) in sand. He said that I was compensating for the valving and I should be fine with the same spring rate (or air pressure) everywhere and to add compression with the clickers (on the CV he said +2, which means about 3-4 on the AER) to hold it up in the stroke more for sand if needed.

The second thing I noticed about the AER after the revalve is if you're just tooling around then you'll notice them being a tad harsh and all the complaints everyone has about them. If you're riding hard thats when these forks really shine. They are plush, great bottoming resistance, and soak up the bumps. I only went to cone valves because of the deal I got and I like testing new setups.

Basically I don't think the Revalve control is worth the money. I think you'd be more than happy with a good revalve (Derek Harris of HP Race Development is who did my revalve).
The AER's can be fixed (plusher) very reasonable cost by a reputable tuner. I had the Factory Connection performance mod done to mine. Much plusher but the new 19's frame (have the FE), t-clamps is more sensitive to input, quicker and stiffer so you do feel more despite a plusher fork. Going faster is better. KTM did it right.
JWACK
10/31/2018 11:34am
blaze 57 wrote:
The AER's can be fixed (plusher) very reasonable cost by a reputable tuner. I had the Factory Connection performance mod done to mine. Much plusher but...
The AER's can be fixed (plusher) very reasonable cost by a reputable tuner. I had the Factory Connection performance mod done to mine. Much plusher but the new 19's frame (have the FE), t-clamps is more sensitive to input, quicker and stiffer so you do feel more despite a plusher fork. Going faster is better. KTM did it right.
Tell me more about how your Kreft external revalve control works! Because that's the info I need. ?
blaze 57
10/31/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 3:54pm
blaze 57 wrote:
The AER's can be fixed (plusher) very reasonable cost by a reputable tuner. I had the Factory Connection performance mod done to mine. Much plusher but...
JWACK wrote:
Tell me more about how your Kreft external revalve control works! Because that's the info I need. ?
JWack, I had the Factory Connection AER performance mod done. Check their site for price because I had a bunch of other mods done too but I think it was $150.00? I like it but still has the air fork feel. I'm coming off of KYB suspension so there is a learning curve. I do wish my KTM had my old Yamaha forks Smile

Post a reply to: Kreft revalve control

The Latest