Klx 110 Battery

Hey guys, I have a 2018 klx110 that will not run without the battery. A couple months after buying it, it wouldn't start via electric start but I could still ride it. Then eventually it got to the point where it would idle, but it would die as soon as you take off. I used a battery tender to charge it but it kept dying. I bought a new battery and it worked perfect but low and behold, its completely dead again. Any help would be appreciated.
|
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
2/20/2020 7:20am
Mine runs perfectly fine with no battery in it at all. Are you sure something else is not going on? Plugged jets? The carbs can be pretty finicky and jets get clogged up easy with the shit fuel nowadays.
3/4/2020 4:41pm
Carb is fine. Once you charge the battery it runs great. I can ride it a few times until the battery starts dying again. I disconnected my battery and it won't run at all. Any suggestions anyone?
Paw Paw 271
3/4/2020 5:39pm Edited Date/Time 3/4/2020 5:42pm
Either you have a voltage draw in the system and or you are not getting a recharge from the stator/ charging system.
Check all your electrical connections. ( Check the battery voltage with the engine running to be sure it is charging. It should show at least 13.5 volts.) Clean them and then use di electric grease on the connections. Also check all grounds to be sure they are not rusted or dirty or loose.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: Klx 110 Battery

The Latest