Kawasaki KX 250 2 stroke 2007 rebuild

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2019 2:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I am currently rebuilding from the ground up a KX 250 07 model. The question I want to ask is I am trying to find aftermarket triple clamps for my bike can I use four stroke triple clamps as they have more types available than my model. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks Luke

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

10/13/2019 7:24 AM

Try ' Luxon MX ' , a poster / member here on this site.

A maker of Triple Clamps, and much more. An impressive individual, and a poster that brings much to this site.

|

10/13/2019 8:07 PM

Most newer KX triple clamps will work, I'm running a set of 2012 KX250F clamps on my 2005. The only thing you will need to do is modify the stop, www.trickeng.com has a bolt on stop.

|

2018 KX450F
2005 KX250
2003 KDX 220
1984 KX 80
1982 RM 80
1980 RM 80
1977 XR 75
1969 Honda Mini 50

10/14/2019 11:35 AM

Thanks dkurtd that’s what I was looking for

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

10/15/2019 12:53 AM

dkurtd wrote:

Most newer KX triple clamps will work, I'm running a set of 2012 KX250F clamps on my 2005. The only thing you will need to do is modify the stop, www.trickeng.com has a bolt on stop.

So did you use a 450 triple clamp or 250??? Thanks for your help

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

3/16/2020 7:08 AM

I'm curious what had to be done to make this work. 2012 250F run 47MM forks and the older 2005 KX has 48MM forks.

|

3/16/2020 7:34 AM

I had a similar issues a while back. I was lucky enough to find a nice set of used PC clamps through a Vital member and I also ordered a new set through ProCircuit. I know BUDs Racing and Applied Racing still produce new clamps for about $450 and I've heard rumors that ProCircuit will be doing another run of 03-07 KX clamps. You'll have to call ProCircuit and verify if they are.

If your serious about buying a set of clamps make a post on the Sale/Bazaar.

|

3/16/2020 8:09 AM

DrewJett747 wrote:

I'm curious what had to be done to make this work. 2012 250F run 47MM forks and the older 2005 KX has 48MM forks.

If you use the newer forks and clamps you just need the trick steering stop. If you use newer forks in stock of clamps you need a shim for the top clamp.

|

3/28/2020 1:09 AM

dkurtd wrote:

Most newer KX triple clamps will work, I'm running a set of 2012 KX250F clamps on my 2005. The only thing you will need to do is modify the stop, www.trickeng.com has a bolt on stop.

Luke Beynon wrote:

So did you use a 450 triple clamp or 250??? Thanks for your help

Yes I got a Ride engineering triple clamp and I had to modify the top part of the triple clamp not much and it fits

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

3/28/2020 1:10 AM

DrewJett747 wrote:

I had a similar issues a while back. I was lucky enough to find a nice set of used PC clamps through a Vital member and I also ordered a new set through ProCircuit. I know BUDs Racing and Applied Racing still produce new clamps for about $450 and I've heard rumors that ProCircuit will be doing another run of 03-07 KX clamps. You'll have to call ProCircuit and verify if they are.

If your serious about buying a set of clamps make a post on the Sale/Bazaar.

I got a ride engineering set all good mate thanks

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

3/28/2020 11:46 AM

I’m curious myself as I’ve got a 2006 kx250 what year clamps did you get and what did you have to do to your top triple clamp to modify it, thanks

|

3/28/2020 4:38 PM

I got a 2017 triple clamp I am in Australia and a guy was selling one on Facebook. So I bought it and contacted Ride engineering And this was there response Photo

|

You ain't living if your not Premixing!!!!!!!!

3/31/2020 1:56 PM

Okay thanks for your info this helps me a lot 👍

|