KX65 fork oil

gharmon
I know this is mostly a big bike forum but hoping some of you other moto dads/granddads have some experience. I have an 08 KX 65 that i replaced the fork seals in and I cant seem to find a consistent answer on how much oil to replace it with. I've seen some mention several different fork oil heights and some even mention cc amounts. Anyone got any definite answers? I put the recommended 250 cc amount in there but it's not with in the mm fork heights I'm getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not a set amount of cc's correct? You put enough oil in the fork so you can draw it out per the height recommended. In other words you can fill the for tube up and just draw out until you have the desired fork oil height correct (I know you would be removing a lot but it's the general idea)?

Thanks,

Gerald
|
Hondas4Life3
6/18/2018 11:36am Edited Date/Time 6/18/2018 11:36am
gharmon wrote:
I know this is mostly a big bike forum but hoping some of you other moto dads/granddads have some experience. I have an 08 KX 65...
I know this is mostly a big bike forum but hoping some of you other moto dads/granddads have some experience. I have an 08 KX 65 that i replaced the fork seals in and I cant seem to find a consistent answer on how much oil to replace it with. I've seen some mention several different fork oil heights and some even mention cc amounts. Anyone got any definite answers? I put the recommended 250 cc amount in there but it's not with in the mm fork heights I'm getting.

Correct me if I'm wrong but it's not a set amount of cc's correct? You put enough oil in the fork so you can draw it out per the height recommended. In other words you can fill the for tube up and just draw out until you have the desired fork oil height correct (I know you would be removing a lot but it's the general idea)?

Thanks,

Gerald
Yes you overfill slightly and then use a special syringe tool to remove the excess while measuring the oil height.

Post a reply to: KX65 fork oil

The Latest