KX65 clutch help

dang472
Fantasy
403rd
I’m kinda stumped with a clutch disengagement problem on my kid’s KX65. I’ve probably rebuilt over 40 of these motors since 2001 but I’ve never had an issue with the clutch not disengaging completely.

I originally used a new Pro-x clutch kit and filed the minimal notches out of the stock clutch basket. First ride had the clutch slip with the lever all the way pulled in but shifting was good and normal. I’ve since put the worn OEM clutch plates back in and it didn’t change anything. I also added a shim to the push rod so the clutch arm had more travel but still the same issue.
|
dang472
Fantasy
403rd
9/8/2021 7:52am
I’ve got a new cable, actuator arm, bearing, and Hinson basket on the way. Something has to fix this.
dang472
Fantasy
403rd
9/24/2021 6:17pm
I actually got it figured out last week. I was slightly over-torquing the clutch bolt which was causing the inner hub to drag on the basket. The inner spacer washer was worn with a slight groove in it as well so I had a few small problems adding up to create a big one. Torqued the bolt to 46f/lbs using a modified A/C clutch holder for a car.

Post a reply to: KX65 clutch help

The Latest