KX65 Help please

Hey guys while one of my kids was away there step dad has topped there transmission oil up, i don't know what he used unfortuently.

Since doing this my young fella rode it for the day but since then it's acting like its stuck in neutral even when shifted up through gears. When on a stand i clicked it into first and the rear tyre does spin but even when i give it throttle it doesn't spin any faster or accelerate, also i can hit the rear brake pedal and the bike doesn't die at all. It does this through all the gears. I checked to make sure there is free play in the clutch cable as well which is fine.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
|
Hondas4Life3
9/3/2018 7:35am Edited Date/Time 9/3/2018 7:37am
Sounds like the clutch needs replaced. If you can feel it clicking through the gears as you shift then that is most likely the problem.
Paw Paw 271
9/3/2018 7:52am
If an incorrect oil was used it will cause the clutch to slip, over heat and damage the fiber plates.
Drain the oil and replace with the correct oil ( one that is wet clutch rated). See if it gets better. If not then it's time to tear it down and have a look.

Paw Paw
9/3/2018 11:41pm
so i took the clutch out and had a look at it, one of the friction plates is dead smooth on both sides and a couple have one side that has worn down to smooth each. im assuming this is the problem and new friction and steal plates should fix this or friction plates should be enough?
Tryhard
9/4/2018 2:07am
gregsonxxx wrote:
so i took the clutch out and had a look at it, one of the friction plates is dead smooth on both sides and a couple...
so i took the clutch out and had a look at it, one of the friction plates is dead smooth on both sides and a couple have one side that has worn down to smooth each. im assuming this is the problem and new friction and steal plates should fix this or friction plates should be enough?
Yes , if there is any damage which u said there is replace it . Be sure to put the correct transmission oil in it as well . If it's not wet clutch rated , dont use it.

The Shop

Hondas4Life3
9/4/2018 6:12am
Friction, steel, and springs is a normal full clutch replacement. As noted above incorrect transmission oil will burn clutches up

Post a reply to: KX65 Help please

The Latest