KTM or Husky?

Related:
Create New Tag

9/25/2019 3:42 PM

Hi Vital,

I currently ride a 2012 Kawasaki KX250F. It's been a great bike to me over the last few years but I'm looking to move to another 250 with newer features such as electric start and hydro clutch. To me, the best bang for your buck is the KTM or the Husky. Obviously theyre extremely similar since they come out of the same factory. What are your honest opinions on the differences between the two brands, the reliability, and what price range you think is fair for a 2017-2018 model 250F.

|

9/25/2019 5:28 PM

Weve got a 2018 sx150 and tc125 and the only thing I can tell the difference is a slightly better clutch modulation on the husky magura and thsts about it. And thsts barely noticeable.

Husky comes with hand guards also, the equivalent ktm ones are bought separately for $35

|

9/25/2019 5:29 PM

Oh, husky has a proper gripper seat too. Splitting hairs really

|

9/28/2019 10:19 PM

My biggest gripe, which to many could seem petty, is the Husqvarna and its white plastics are near dam impossible to keep clean... Orange KTM is effortless while my Husqvarna seems to take a extra amount of scrubbing to get decently clean...

|

9/30/2019 4:48 PM

Wd40 will clean white to brand new it Evan takes most scratches out....

|

9/30/2019 7:47 PM
Edited Date/Time: 9/30/2019 9:52 PM

Hey Gavin I had a 16 ktm 350 and a 19 250sx. I purchased both new. The new 19 chassis was a huge improvement to me. My buddy also has an 18 250 sxf. I can’t directly compare the ktm to the husky because I have a total of 2 laps on one. But I can tell you that the seats are hard as a rock on the ktms. I broke my tailbone last year and If I buy another one it will be a husky to get a bit more compliance in the seat area due to the plastic subframe. This may or may not help you. Lol
I would look for a new leftover for about 5k.
I just picked up a leftover crf250 for less than 4400. I would think you could find something similar.
Hope your doing well man!

|

10/1/2019 10:25 AM

JWACK wrote:

Hey Gavin I had a 16 ktm 350 and a 19 250sx. I purchased both new. The new 19 chassis was a huge improvement to me. My buddy also has an 18 250 sxf. I can’t directly compare the ktm to the husky because I have a total of 2 laps on one. But I can tell you that the seats are hard as a rock on the ktms. I broke my tailbone last year and If I buy another one it will be a husky to get a bit more compliance in the seat area due to the plastic subframe. This may or may not help you. Lol
I would look for a new leftover for about 5k.
I just picked up a leftover crf250 for less than 4400. I would think you could find something similar.
Hope your doing well man!

Hey John, hope all is well with you and your family! I’ve seen some 2019 KTM 250F’s for about $7500. Seems to be the norm in my area. Might be able to talk the dealer down a little. I can finance at zero percent for being active military but only with Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, and KTM. If I could get it down to $7000 I’d probably do it. But not many left over 2018’s around. Don’t really want to get a used bike if I’m going to have it for the next 4-5 years. I’ll keep an eye out for more leftovers.

|

10/5/2019 12:18 AM

Monk wrote:

My biggest gripe, which to many could seem petty, is the Husqvarna and its white plastics are near dam impossible to keep clean... Orange KTM is effortless while my Husqvarna seems to take a extra amount of scrubbing to get decently clean...

I ride red dirt 75% of the time which is known to stain aluminum overnight if you don’t wash. This is a game changer. Plastics on my fc450 are as white as the day I walked out the showroom floor.
I basically own stock in Shout. Amazing on boots / gear too

Photo

|

10/5/2019 11:09 AM

Pick whichever colour you prefer they're basically the same bike 🤣🤣

|