KTM left side Crank Seal replacement

Is it possible to replace the Crank Seal left Side (Flywheel Side) without splitting the Cases on
a SX250 2019 ?
|
motoracer58
Fantasy
345th
1/27/2021 6:13am
I would assume it would be. Never seen one that you couldn't. You just need to get a pick or something sharp into the seal to pry it out, making sure you don't scratch the case and then carefully install the new seal over the crank and into the case
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
1/27/2021 8:17am
I would assume it would be. Never seen one that you couldn't. You just need to get a pick or something sharp into the seal to...
I would assume it would be. Never seen one that you couldn't. You just need to get a pick or something sharp into the seal to pry it out, making sure you don't scratch the case and then carefully install the new seal over the crank and into the case
Depends on the brand. I’m not sure on ktm but on my kx 250 you have to split to replace
DynoDan22
1/27/2021 1:38pm
You have to split the cases to replace the left side crank seal. The stator mount in the case blocks the seal from being removed from behind the flywheel.
JK714
12/10/2023 12:41pm
DynoDan22 wrote:
You have to split the cases to replace the left side crank seal. The stator mount in the case blocks the seal from being removed from...
You have to split the cases to replace the left side crank seal. The stator mount in the case blocks the seal from being removed from behind the flywheel.

Isn't it possible to drive 2 wood screws into the seal and pull out with pliers after removing the bolt on part of the stator mount?

The Shop

braaap_n_pew
12/10/2023 2:01pm

I'm not sure if you can or not on your specific bike but if it's one of the bikes you can, order a Lisle seal puller #58430 for $17 and then you don't have to worry about sending a wood screw or self tapper into a case or if any shavings came off the steel liner in the seal and made it's way into the bearing. It's one of the best $17 I've ever spent and recommend anyone doing it gets one too. 

JK714
12/11/2023 10:11am
I'm not sure if you can or not on your specific bike but if it's one of the bikes you can, order a Lisle seal puller...

I'm not sure if you can or not on your specific bike but if it's one of the bikes you can, order a Lisle seal puller #58430 for $17 and then you don't have to worry about sending a wood screw or self tapper into a case or if any shavings came off the steel liner in the seal and made it's way into the bearing. It's one of the best $17 I've ever spent and recommend anyone doing it gets one too. 

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered one.

btroxler
12/14/2023 7:27am

Depending on the year, most of them require you split the cases. They either have the stator mount or a cast component to keep the seal from pushing/walking out.

Post a reply to: KTM left side Crank Seal replacement

The Latest