KTM Transmission Question

I was out at a local track in SW Oklahoma that was super ripped. I was in 3rd gear at a high RPM (2018 450 SXF) when my chain broke, got stuck in the front sprocket, and locked up the motor.

I replaced the front sprocket, which had 1 broken tooth, and chain then ran it down the street. The transmission seemed fine as I was able to go through each gear as well as engage the clutch in all 5. I also did an oil change to see if there were any significant metal shavings from the gearbox and there wasn't.

BLUF: Is the transmission possibly damaged or am I just paranoid? My last bike was a total lemon. Going riding tomorrow, I hope all is good.
|
kb228
1/5/2019 3:03pm
Should be fine. Just keep an eye on it.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
1/5/2019 6:36pm
If it shifted fine in all gears, runs fine and no metal, what would you be worried about?
ktm-5
1/5/2019 10:20pm
Agree if it shifted good and no metal, enjoy no worries
sandman768
1/6/2019 5:20am
Stock chain? How many hrs? I think Ktm"s come with better stock chains than the Japanese bikes, but I still replace all Oem chains with higher quality chains before The first ride....

The Shop

1/6/2019 5:34am
sandman768 wrote:
Stock chain? How many hrs? I think Ktm"s come with better stock chains than the Japanese bikes, but I still replace all Oem chains with higher...
Stock chain? How many hrs? I think Ktm"s come with better stock chains than the Japanese bikes, but I still replace all Oem chains with higher quality chains before The first ride....
Stock chain at 10 hours.
sandman768
1/6/2019 7:36am
sandman768 wrote:
Stock chain? How many hrs? I think Ktm"s come with better stock chains than the Japanese bikes, but I still replace all Oem chains with higher...
Stock chain at 10 hours.
That's not a lot of time for chain......suck a rock? Maybe chain a little tight? I error on the side of loose chain adjustment in mud, sand, loam....

Post a reply to: KTM Transmission Question

The Latest