KTM SXS brake calipers ?

8/13/2020 12:05am
Hi,

Can anyone that has tried the SXS powerparts calipers please give me a review ?
I am happy with the rear brake on my 2020 but the front is squishy and not grabby enough for my liking.

Yes new pads, rotors, line and the "roadracing trick" of ziptie the lever to the bar is tried...

Regards
|
Bruneval
8/13/2020 3:40am
I have them on a couple of bikes. For what it's worth, the standard KTM brakes are excellent, so if yours are squishy a seal may have failed and you have air in the lines somehow.

The SXS/billet factory calipers are honestly a bit unnecessary, but I can say from personal experience that they are a definite improvement. The brakes are incredibly powerful and less 'grabby', and I have not once had the brakes fade through boiling up. Very trick part - the only downside in my experience is the cost, so if that doesn't matter to you, then you will be happy.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
8/13/2020 8:24pm
I have them in my 350 and love how progressive they are. Actually less grabby than stock. I think it’s a great investment for the front end. Rear, I wouldn’t do it in the future.

If you want a more solid rear break I’d try and steel braided Galfer line or see what MotoStuff has for the KTM, I know they have a proline that’s very grabby and no line flex.
Tuna
8/14/2020 12:25pm
Super progressive and smooth. Great feel, easy to modulate.
I’ve never tried the rear, only the front.
If your Brembos are squishy the master needs a rebuild or there is some air trapped in the line by the top banjo I bet.
Could be calliper seals but that usually just comes up as poor braking, not a soft feel.

Post a reply to: KTM SXS brake calipers ?

The Latest