Create New Tag

12/31/2017 2:40 AM

When i replaced the Piston from my 150 KTM
this Year in May i noticed that the New Piston was 0.6mm
higher than the OEM Piston.

It was a bit strange to me but i stack one more
Basegasket under the Zylinder and the Dimension X
was OK.

Last Week i Order a new Wössner Piston again and it has the same size like the OEM ???

I measure from Piston Top to Piston Pin Top
22,60 to. 22,00mm
Has anybody Seen this before on another Piston Manufacturer??

Write an E-Mail to Wössner but they are on Christmas Holiday

|

12/31/2017 2:41 AM

|

12/31/2017 5:47 PM

Overall piston height isnt as important as wrist pin to crown measurement. That & squish/deck height is what you need to be checking....

|

12/31/2017 9:01 PM

Tracktor wrote:

Overall piston height isnt as important as wrist pin to crown measurement. That & squish/deck height is what you need to be checking....

Bingo.... there is a difference between piston height and length!

|

1/1/2018 12:19 AM

LOOks like he has a wrist pin in the pistons...

|

Jason Anderson FTW

1/1/2018 2:31 AM

Tracktor wrote:

I know this measurement was from wrist Pin to Top
and on the Picture you can See the Pin was in both Piston inside, and i have a difference from 0,6mm

It was the same Piston Brand with the same Ordernumber.
That is what i can not understand??

|

1/2/2018 3:36 PM

That's probably y it's best to stick with oem. Imo

|

1/3/2018 2:28 AM

Whatever brand of piston you bought (wossner?) clearly has quality control issues. In our piston machining division something like this is unacceptable. Parts cannot vary like that. I dont even know how they would vary on a cnc running the same program. Those machines are within .001” repeatability.

Anyways buy OEM, Wiseco, JE, or CP pistons and nothing else. Theyre all very reputable & make solid shit.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

1/3/2018 11:23 AM

Acidreamer wrote:

Whatever brand of piston you bought (wossner?) clearly has quality control issues. In our piston machining division something like this is unacceptable. Parts cannot vary like that. I dont even know how they would vary on a cnc running the same program. Those machines are within .001” repeatability.

Anyways buy OEM, Wiseco, JE, or CP pistons and nothing else. Theyre all very reputable & make solid shit.

Wössner is a famous Piston Manufacturer here in Europe, very reliable and good quality
I know that a normal Manufacturing Tolerance is in the 0,01mm Area.
As i said i write an E-Mail to Wössner to claify this Problem.

|

1/5/2018 2:56 PM

It is a bit odd to have this big of a diffrence, but than again, thats why you have the x-dimension that you have to check.

|