KTM Jetting App Question

Related:
Create New Tag

5/7/2021 2:46 PM

I just got the KTM jetting app and it has a slider to adjust the throttle on a graph and i don't understand what it means and i will provide a picture below and could you also say if it looks fine the way it is on the graph

Photo
Photo

|

5/7/2021 7:35 PM

Never used it.. and I don’t know how much I’d trust an app to jet my bike... but Id imagine if you move the slider to the richer or leaner side of one of the throttle positions it’s going going to tell you what jetting/slide/ needle position/ or air screw changes would be necessary to make that throttle position match your desired A/F ratio... eg: if you were to slide the closed throttle tab leaner I would bet it’s either going to come up with a smaller pilot jet/ more turns out on the air screw/ or a combination of the two...

|

5/8/2021 8:11 PM

What are you trying to jet? That app isn’t that good if it’s telling you a 3.0 slide when the 4.0 doesn’t even work very well.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

5/9/2021 1:01 PM

All those apps do is adjust the stock jetting for R.A.D.. It's only going to tell you how much deviation from stock is needed for your current atmospheric conditions. Sliding the dot along the bar just changes that area by percentage of the scale to your liking. Put your finger on the dot and at the bottom of the chart it will show you which jet you are adjusting and the percentage of change from 100%.

|

5/9/2021 1:22 PM

Mr. Robinson wrote:

All those apps do is adjust the stock jetting for R.A.D.. It's only going to tell you how much deviation from stock is needed ...more

Thank you. Why would you need to make 1/2, 1/4 to full throttle richer or leaner?

|

5/9/2021 4:23 PM

Mr. Robinson wrote:

All those apps do is adjust the stock jetting for R.A.D.. It's only going to tell you how much deviation from stock is needed ...more

adamjc23 wrote:

Thank you. Why would you need to make 1/2, 1/4 to full throttle richer or leaner?

You can be too rich off idle and cause a bog, but the bike runs well at wide open. Lean bottom, but rich up top. Rich bottom, lean on top. All kinds of combinations.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ