125/150/250/300 KTM/HUS/GG jetting thread

Hammer 663s
9/26/2022 12:25pm
Hello, I'm from France currently I ride on a 125 TC 2017 with original settings Main jet 480 Jet slows down 45 needles 43-74 s1 bushel...
Hello, I'm from France
currently I ride on a 125 TC 2017 with original settings
Main jet 480
Jet slows down 45
needles 43-74
s1
bushel 4.0

I only ride on ground temperature 5 degrees to 15 degrees at 100m elevation and the bike gouges at low speeds when the grip is fully open.

Do you have any recommended settings?
Apply the specs from page 1. Don't try to modify them - buy what's listed and install it. Fix the jet block gasket too. Specs work great.
10/2/2022 5:32am
Apply the specs from page 1. Don't try to modify them - buy what's listed and install it. Fix the jet block gasket too. Specs work...
Apply the specs from page 1. Don't try to modify them - buy what's listed and install it. Fix the jet block gasket too. Specs work great.
I bought everything

I'll be back to let you know as soon as I have everything installed Smile
Hammer 663s
10/2/2022 1:05pm
Apply the specs from page 1. Don't try to modify them - buy what's listed and install it. Fix the jet block gasket too. Specs work...
I bought everything

We did it to our 20 125sx right away. Haven't touched it since w/over 60 hours on it in all kinds of weather. Bike runs great with this setup.
10/9/2022 9:30am
I bought everything

We did it to our 20 125sx right away. Haven't touched it since w/over 60 hours on it in all kinds of weather. Bike runs great...
We did it to our 20 125sx right away. Haven't touched it since w/over 60 hours on it in all kinds of weather. Bike runs great with this setup.
hello,

So I made the full adjustments from the front page and tested it in the motocross field today, the bike no longer chokes when the grip is open, but when stationary it gets rich and stalled, I'm thinking of changing the idle jet from a smaller one

The Shop

Hammer 663s
10/9/2022 10:07am
hello, So I made the full adjustments from the front page and tested it in the motocross field today, the bike no longer chokes when the...
hello,

So I made the full adjustments from the front page and tested it in the motocross field today, the bike no longer chokes when the grip is open, but when stationary it gets rich and stalled, I'm thinking of changing the idle jet from a smaller one
Where’s the air screw set at? Why was the outside air temp and what fuel are you running at what ratio? Make sure it’s warmed up well then play with the air screw and see if that has an effect before you change the pilot. Close!!! You’ll get there.
10/9/2022 10:32am
hello, So I made the full adjustments from the front page and tested it in the motocross field today, the bike no longer chokes when the...
hello,

Where’s the air screw set at? Why was the outside air temp and what fuel are you running at what ratio? Make sure it’s warmed up...
Where’s the air screw set at? Why was the outside air temp and what fuel are you running at what ratio? Make sure it’s warmed up well then play with the air screw and see if that has an effect before you change the pilot. Close!!! You’ll get there.
For the fuel here it's super unleaded 98 motorex 2-stroke mixture
40:1

Temperature 12 degrees in the morning and 25 in the afternoon altitude 0

The air screw I tried 1.5 and 2 turns it was always too rich
AJ565
10/9/2022 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/9/2022 3:55pm
You can try the pilot or you can move the clip up 1. I should note that you don’t really want your bike to be able to idle. If it idles then that effects throttle response some and with no idle it will respond better.
10/10/2022 12:04pm
AJ565 wrote:
You can try the pilot or you can move the clip up 1. I should note that you don’t really want your bike to be able...
You can try the pilot or you can move the clip up 1. I should note that you don’t really want your bike to be able to idle. If it idles then that effects throttle response some and with no idle it will respond better.
the bike gets rich on its own when stopped at idle and the air screw does not change anything I think reduce the idle jet to 30 or 27.5 the bike starts badly with the choke
wrc777
Fantasy
1130th
10/10/2022 2:35pm
AJ565 wrote:
You can try the pilot or you can move the clip up 1. I should note that you don’t really want your bike to be able...
the bike gets rich on its own when stopped at idle and the air screw does not change anything I think reduce the idle jet to...
the bike gets rich on its own when stopped at idle and the air screw does not change anything I think reduce the idle jet to 30 or 27.5 the bike starts badly with the choke
In my experience, once you fix the jet block gasket the pilot is way too rich at idle. The air screw doesn't affect idle speed until you get down into the 25-27.5 pilot jets on my bike. This is on a 2022 TC125.
10/16/2022 10:10am
all day test on MX terrain

FMF factory line

as indicated the only modifications I made are the needle on the 3rd notch, and the jet slowed down to 35

the motorcycle has a hole in the net opening of the handle

otherwise RAS and correct color spark plug
PBRvince
Fantasy
2162nd
10/25/2022 4:19pm
2016 KTM 150sx.

Motor just rebuilt, nothing crazy done to it.
FMF exhaust with turbine core silencer.

I'm going to put the 36mm keihin carb on it.

Any jetting recommendations to start with?

SoCal riding conditions.

Thanks

bsbrits
11/24/2022 2:26pm
Has anyone figured out the jetting issue with the 2022 125sx. I couldn't get the carb jetted before finding this thread so I moved to a lectron and it would work ok one day and bog on other days. I have not tried AJ's jetting from page 1 yet.
AJ565
11/24/2022 4:51pm
bsbrits wrote:
Has anyone figured out the jetting issue with the 2022 125sx. I couldn't get the carb jetted before finding this thread so I moved to a...
Has anyone figured out the jetting issue with the 2022 125sx. I couldn't get the carb jetted before finding this thread so I moved to a lectron and it would work ok one day and bog on other days. I have not tried AJ's jetting from page 1 yet.
There is something with the ‘22’s that nobody has figured out with and that low end bog. No jetting or carb swaps have fixed it yet. Read back a few pages and there are a few guys that talked about it.
bsbrits
11/24/2022 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 11/24/2022 7:44pm
bsbrits wrote:
Has anyone figured out the jetting issue with the 2022 125sx. I couldn't get the carb jetted before finding this thread so I moved to a...
AJ565 wrote:
There is something with the ‘22’s that nobody has figured out with and that low end bog. No jetting or carb swaps have fixed it yet...
There is something with the ‘22’s that nobody has figured out with and that low end bog. No jetting or carb swaps have fixed it yet. Read back a few pages and there are a few guys that talked about it.
Not sure where to go from here. I Could not start the bike when Less than 30F with the stock carb. I had a experienced person set up the Lectron, i received it configured very lean. I can start it with the lectron when cold. I just bogs. It ran like crap right off throttle yesterday. I also get what sounds like a backfire or pop.

Do These run any better with your jetting configuration?
AJ565
11/24/2022 9:34pm
bsbrits wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
There is something with the ‘22’s that nobody has figured out with and that low end bog. No jetting or carb swaps have fixed it yet...
bsbrits wrote:
Not sure where to go from here. I Could not start the bike when Less than 30F with the stock carb. I had a experienced person...
Not sure where to go from here. I Could not start the bike when Less than 30F with the stock carb. I had a experienced person set up the Lectron, i received it configured very lean. I can start it with the lectron when cold. I just bogs. It ran like crap right off throttle yesterday. I also get what sounds like a backfire or pop.

Very much so. You’ll have to go back a few pages tho, the 125 guys are running bigger mains then what I have on the first page. I need to go back and see then update the settings.
bsbrits
11/25/2022 4:55am
AJ565 wrote:
bsbrits wrote:
Not sure where to go from here. I Could not start the bike when Less than 30F with the stock carb. I had a experienced person...

AJ565 wrote:
Very much so. You’ll have to go back a few pages tho, the 125 guys are running bigger mains then what I have on the first...
Very much so. You’ll have to go back a few pages tho, the 125 guys are running bigger mains then what I have on the first page. I need to go back and see then update the settings.
Ok. So in summary, jetting the 2022 125 per the specs on the 1st page improved performance but do not solve the bogging issue on the 2022's. I will try AJs jetting anyway since the Lectron does not solve the issue for me. What the heck is wrong with these things. I guess I will have to live with a bog or dump it. I thought KTM'S are race ready.
bsbrits
11/25/2022 7:03am
bsbrits wrote:

AJ565 wrote:
Very much so. You’ll have to go back a few pages tho, the 125 guys are running bigger mains then what I have on the first...
bsbrits wrote:
Ok. So in summary, jetting the 2022 125 per the specs on the 1st page improved performance but do not solve the bogging issue on the...
Ok. So in summary, jetting the 2022 125 per the specs on the 1st page improved performance but do not solve the bogging issue on the 2022's. I will try AJs jetting anyway since the Lectron does not solve the issue for me. What the heck is wrong with these things. I guess I will have to live with a bog or dump it. I thought KTM'S are race ready.
What float height do you use? Mine is set at 8m
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
11/25/2022 7:33am
bsbrits wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
There actually was some indication of carb swaps fixing 22's. I'd say still inconclusive and a "working hypothesis" at this point based on the small sample size in this thread.

As for bsbrits here and the LEctron.... Which LEctron is it? The H model or the new Billetron? The H model is just a lean carb all around. And the fact that there is no pilot circuit makes it impossible to adjust only the initial crack of the throttle or the starting circuit (for these cold temps) separate from everything else. I've experienced this exact case before with the H-models.

If you still want to try to get the LEctron working, first thing to do... get a good digital caliper and measure your metering rod length. Write that down on the paper along with the "as delivered" metering rod length that came with the carb from LEctron. This way if you get lost, you at least have a reference point to go back to. It is very easy to get lost on these carbs as only a few clicks on the metering rod can have you totally out of the ballpark.

Now that you've got that measurement, richen the metering rod small increments and test. On every LEctron I tuned, it was only small adjustments from the as-delivered rod length to get it right. Usually had to make it slightly richer.

Once you get the bike to start in cold temps and run without the bog, then you can adjust the power-jet circuit to get the mid-top right. Same thing, write down where it currently is next to the "as-delivered" setting. Should not take more than 1/8 or 1/4 turn to get it right.
bsbrits
11/25/2022 8:42am
bsbrits wrote:
AJ565 wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
There actually was some indication of carb swaps fixing 22's. I'd say still inconclusive and a "working hypothesis" at this point based on the small sample...
There actually was some indication of carb swaps fixing 22's. I'd say still inconclusive and a "working hypothesis" at this point based on the small sample size in this thread.

As for bsbrits here and the LEctron.... Which LEctron is it? The H model or the new Billetron? The H model is just a lean carb all around. And the fact that there is no pilot circuit makes it impossible to adjust only the initial crack of the throttle or the starting circuit (for these cold temps) separate from everything else. I've experienced this exact case before with the H-models.

If you still want to try to get the LEctron working, first thing to do... get a good digital caliper and measure your metering rod length. Write that down on the paper along with the "as delivered" metering rod length that came with the carb from LEctron. This way if you get lost, you at least have a reference point to go back to. It is very easy to get lost on these carbs as only a few clicks on the metering rod can have you totally out of the ballpark.

Now that you've got that measurement, richen the metering rod small increments and test. On every LEctron I tuned, it was only small adjustments from the as-delivered rod length to get it right. Usually had to make it slightly richer.

Once you get the bike to start in cold temps and run without the bog, then you can adjust the power-jet circuit to get the mid-top right. Same thing, write down where it currently is next to the "as-delivered" setting. Should not take more than 1/8 or 1/4 turn to get it right.
I have the H model. When new, I had to go over 1.5 full turns on the rod to get the bike to run without the choke on. Your right, it's easy to get lost on this carb. It's weird, I can adjust to get bog out of the bike one day and other days the bog comes back. As soon as the weather cooled in Pittsburgh, the bike started bogging with the Lectron. Not sure if I should stay with the Lectron or try the #5 slide. I can start the bike when it's cold, even single digit cold with the lectron. I ride an indoor track over the winter. So, starting when cold is kind of important. The stock carb is extremely hard to start when under 30F. This was without doing AJs jetting.
DynoDan22
11/25/2022 8:47am
In my opinion, I would return to the OG carb, replace the jet block gasket and follow the jetting from page one exactly. It sucks that you’re having issues on a low hour bike but switching back to the original carb with the proper jetting is the only way to isolate the issue.

I’ve heard of the mysterious bog issue and it seems random. Good luck and let us know how things go.
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
11/25/2022 9:12am
AJ565 wrote:
FGR01 wrote:
There actually was some indication of carb swaps fixing 22's. I'd say still inconclusive and a "working hypothesis" at this point based on the small sample...

bsbrits wrote:
I have the H model. When new, I had to go over 1.5 full turns on the rod to get the bike to run without the...
I have the H model. When new, I had to go over 1.5 full turns on the rod to get the bike to run without the choke on. Your right, it's easy to get lost on this carb. It's weird, I can adjust to get bog out of the bike one day and other days the bog comes back. As soon as the weather cooled in Pittsburgh, the bike started bogging with the Lectron. Not sure if I should stay with the Lectron or try the #5 slide. I can start the bike when it's cold, even single digit cold with the lectron. I ride an indoor track over the winter. So, starting when cold is kind of important. The stock carb is extremely hard to start when under 30F. This was without doing AJs jetting.
Verify which metering rod you have.. and call Lectron and talk to them. Might need a different one.

What fuel, oil and ratio are you running? Anything else that might be leaning the bike out? Vented airbox? Very lightly oiled filter?

As DynoDan said, if you try the AJ specs, at least you can do a 1-1 comparison to others in this thread and try to make sense of what is going on. I'm thinking you might have an air leak or something wrong with the reed block or something.
bsbrits
11/25/2022 9:32am Edited Date/Time 11/25/2022 5:20pm
FGR01 wrote:

bsbrits wrote:
I have the H model. When new, I had to go over 1.5 full turns on the rod to get the bike to run without the...
FGR01 wrote:
Verify which metering rod you have.. and call Lectron and talk to them. Might need a different one. What fuel, oil and ratio are you running...
Verify which metering rod you have.. and call Lectron and talk to them. Might need a different one.

What fuel, oil and ratio are you running? Anything else that might be leaning the bike out? Vented airbox? Very lightly oiled filter?

As DynoDan said, if you try the AJ specs, at least you can do a 1-1 comparison to others in this thread and try to make sense of what is going on. I'm thinking you might have an air leak or something wrong with the reed block or something.
I have metering rod 5-1.
The "as delivered" metering rod length: 2.052.
PJ: 3/4.
I run 40:1 927 Maxima. I've tried the vented and non cover.

When I twist the throttle under load and on the stand, I can stall out the bike.
bsbrits
12/11/2022 1:13pm

I'm gonna ditch the lectron and use the jetting on page 1. Doing a new top end. How the hell does my piston look this clean after 40 hours. Do I have a lean condition? Look at ring around the edge. 

bsbrits
12/11/2022 1:29pm
jcp411 wrote:
Well i got the mikuni working with some help. 2022 KTM 125xc #5 slide 32.5 pj 42-71 needle 3rd clip 490 main S4 needle jet 90-100...
Well i got the mikuni working with some help.
2022 KTM 125xc
#5 slide
32.5 pj
42-71 needle 3rd clip
490 main
S4 needle jet
90-100 degrees 600ft
Bike runs great no off idle bog
Then the temps dropped to the 70’s and it ran like crap!
Pulled the mikuni off the bike and installed a keihin air striker 38 and with some help getting the jetting dailed in its sooo much better in every way. Very crisp!

JCP411-is you bike still running good with the keihin air striker 38?

jcp411
12/11/2022 2:03pm
jcp411 wrote:
Well i got the mikuni working with some help. 2022 KTM 125xc #5 slide 32.5 pj 42-71 needle 3rd clip 490 main S4 needle jet 90-100...
Well i got the mikuni working with some help.
2022 KTM 125xc
#5 slide
32.5 pj
42-71 needle 3rd clip
490 main
S4 needle jet
90-100 degrees 600ft
Bike runs great no off idle bog
Then the temps dropped to the 70’s and it ran like crap!
Pulled the mikuni off the bike and installed a keihin air striker 38 and with some help getting the jetting dailed in its sooo much better in every way. Very crisp!
bsbrits wrote:

JCP411-is you bike still running good with the keihin air striker 38?

Yes it runs really good with the needles digger recommended. Crisp,clean and lots of power!!

bsbrits
12/11/2022 2:19pm

I may go this route if I can't get the mikuni straightened out. Can you tell me the jetting specs that were recommended to you for the keihin?

jcp411
12/11/2022 6:10pm Edited Date/Time 12/11/2022 6:11pm

I have thread with it all posted with diggers help just search it with my user name, it will be easier to understand. If you have any questions after reading it let me know.

JMX82
12/11/2022 10:07pm
bsbrits wrote:
I'm gonna ditch the lectron and use the jetting on page 1. Doing a new top end. How the hell does my piston look this clean...

I'm gonna ditch the lectron and use the jetting on page 1. Doing a new top end. How the hell does my piston look this clean after 40 hours. Do I have a lean condition? Look at ring around the edge. 

I think your engine has been running really rich and excess fuel has washed away all the carbon away from top of the piston 

https://www.arcticchat.com/threads/piston-wash-what-is-it-and-how-do-i-…

12/12/2022 8:05am
bsbrits wrote:
I'm gonna ditch the lectron and use the jetting on page 1. Doing a new top end. How the hell does my piston look this clean...

Is it rough around the edge? Looks like it has been pinging. Never seen a two stroke piston that clean unless it has less than a handful of hours on it.

bsbrits
12/12/2022 2:03pm

I know. I have been changing pistons for 35 years and never had a piston with no carbon. Weird. Piston looks like detonation around the edges. X dimension is at 0.

Post a reply to: 125/150/250/300 KTM/HUS/GG jetting thread

The Latest