KTM FMF Megabomb Header SX Style vs Standard

Related:
Create New Tag

1/7/2019 8:29 AM

Does anyone know the difference between these two? Pics would be appreciated as well. Which one will give the bike a little more bottom end? 2017 KTM SXF 350

|

1/7/2019 11:28 AM

The SX style will give you better bottom end. I have both, and have tried them back-to-back on my 2016 FC 350.

Here is a pic of the SX style. Photo

|

1/7/2019 11:52 AM

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

The SX style will give you better bottom end. I have both, and have tried them back-to-back on my 2016 FC 350.

Here is a pic of the SX style. Photo

Sweet. Thanks! Good looking bike. If you get the standard header, you can just get the front part to make it the sx style header then can't you?

|

1/7/2019 11:54 AM

I had dynoed both on my 250f and the sx does do better with bottom but not much and it loses on top. But I do run the sx header. Here's a pic of dynoed reults, red being sx header and green being mx Photo

|

1/7/2019 12:01 PM

mikejones202 wrote:

Sweet. Thanks! Good looking bike. If you get the standard header, you can just get the front part to make it the sx style header then can't you?

Thank you. And yes you can. You would need FMF part number 045608, which is the SX style header only. It'll run you $130 for titanium. If you wanted just the regular (MX) header, that part number is 045617.

|

1/7/2019 12:05 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

I had dynoed both on my 250f and the sx does do better with bottom but not much and it loses on top. But I do run the sx header. Here's a pic of dynoed reults, red being sx header and green being mx Photo

That is interesting. I am assuming that was on a stock motor?

I have the 350, which uses the same exhaust, but could definitely feel the difference between the two. I will dyno them back to back when I get my top end done in the next few weeks.

|

1/7/2019 12:09 PM

Actually no I had just installed a Ron Hamp port and valve job, hence the reason we were dynoing. My son said he could tell a little difference too but real dyno was different than the butt dyno...lol

|

1/7/2019 12:47 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

Actually no I had just installed a Ron Hamp port and valve job, hence the reason we were dynoing. My son said he could tell a little difference too but real dyno was different than the butt dyno...lol

Very nice! I am doing port and valve job, along with a big bore on my 350. Looking forward to the additional power.

|

1/7/2019 12:52 PM

ktm-5 wrote:

Actually no I had just installed a Ron Hamp port and valve job, hence the reason we were dynoing. My son said he could tell a little difference too but real dyno was different than the butt dyno...lol

MotoMatt_928 wrote:

Very nice! I am doing port and valve job, along with a big bore on my 350. Looking forward to the additional power.

I got 6hp from Rons work with vp pro6 and besides exhaust everything else was stock. My son loved it but due to 2 yrs of injuries now I will get to enjoy lol

|