KTM 500 EXC-F lower fork tube damaged.

bodean123
Fantasy
1987th
5/8/2018 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2018 8:02pm
So I picked up a used 2015 500EXC-F about a year ago. Great bike, love it. This weekend while cleaning it up I noticed some damage to the lower fork tube that I had never noticed before.

Apparently it’s from a heavy hit on a snowbike, the clamp for the ski torques on the tube and causes them to deform.

What are my options here. I’m in Canada and we don’t have the used market like the US, and shipping can get deadly expensive.

What years will work, what years to avoid, obviously SX models are going to be quite still for dual sporting.

Thoughts on just running as is? It’s at the bottom of the stroke, I really don’t push the bike that hard. Trail use with the wife and light commutes to work.

Thanks for the help.

|
5/8/2018 2:31pm
It will be fine if you aren’t jumping it or blasting through whoops.
Spizzy
5/8/2018 5:32pm
Note to self: do not convert to snowbike.
tp311
5/8/2018 8:02pm
I know this isn't a ton of help, but I dented a tube a couple years ago, noticed it when my fork was pissing oil on the floor. I was able to get a lightly used lower leg from, I believe, the U.S. wp distribution center on the east coast. I think after calling a few suspension companies I got a contact for them. It was about 150 bucks. Just start calling around and look for somebody who has one with a damaged lug you could swap or anything along those lines.

Post a reply to: KTM 500 EXC-F lower fork tube damaged.

The Latest