KTM 50 sx 2009 water/coolant in oil help

Edited Date/Time 7/4/2018 4:33pm
Hi newbie here, im looking for a little help my son has a KTM 50 and end of last year it locked up cut out, went to re kick and kickstart jammed but back wheel moved freely, anyhow i put it away for the winter and have just pulled it out to get it running for him and as i went to drain the oil i got what looked like strawberry yogurt coming out, the tranny fluid is red so that explains the colour but doesnt explain why its the consistency is that of yogurt it took over an hour to drain. I did have issues when i bought it with water pump so rebuilt it with new seal bearing and impeller shaft so im doubting that as the problem, does anyone have any ideas? all help greatly appreciated.
|
Paw Paw 271
7/4/2018 4:41pm
Sure sounds like the water pump needs another rebuild.

Paw Paw
7/5/2018 12:16pm
Thanks for the reply why would it of gone so soon after last rebuild only had about 10 hours moderate riding at the very most also any ideas why the kickstart wont spring back its also had all new parts including return spring im a little confused
Thanks
Beastie
bf884
7/6/2018 5:20am
Kick starters on the 50s are junk. The heavy spring from nihilo helps a bit. The kicker itself does wear out quickly though. Need to know the year of the bike to help with your oil issue

The Shop

7/7/2018 11:16am
Hi its a 2009 i have just noticed that the kickstart idler (not sure if thats correct name) has seized to the shaft and i cannot get it off any ideas on the easiest way to remove it
Thanks
8/25/2018 4:48am
Hi done all that bought the upgraded spring new water pump seal gaskets all was great been out for about 3 hours riding and thought id check the oil and gee wizz the damn thing is only still mixing coolant with the oil yet again i have to strip this thing down im devastated i have to let my boy down again can anyone help a desperate dad
Thanks
Paw Paw 271
8/25/2018 5:01pm
Water pump seal in backwards?
Water pump shaft worn or groved?
Did you replace the bearing ?

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: KTM 50 sx 2009 water/coolant in oil help

The Latest