KTM 4 stroke guys tell me what this is used for

Related:
Create New Tag

2/22/2020 2:20 PM

Photo
KC
|

2/23/2020 11:19 AM

Looks like an inner tube fish to me, but then that would not be just for a KTM.

Paw Paw

|

2/23/2020 12:22 PM

Well Paw Paw, You get partial credit, I made it to fish the new fuel pump into the fuel tank. What a pain in the ass, and of course the bike had only 11 hours prior to the pump going out. Not going to buy another KTM EVER.
KC

|

2/23/2020 2:22 PM

I guess that if you work on things you have to invent some tools to help along the way as both you and I have.

Paw Paw

|

2/23/2020 5:43 PM

Found this........... Photo
KC

|

2/23/2020 5:56 PM

Man, after that I don’t think I’d buy a KTM ever again either for putting a Mahle pump that failed at the seam in that bike.

|

2018 KTM 250sx
Instagram CamaroAJ

2/23/2020 6:19 PM

Actually discovered the root cause after my post.
Still not too thrilled with the Austrian bike.
KC

|

2/24/2020 9:21 AM

I had a bad filter just like yours. I wonder just how many pumps have been replaced when it was the filter. Notice the filter was made in Turkey, while the ones that seem to last are made in Austria.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

2/24/2020 9:22 AM

752dad wrote:

Well Paw Paw, You get partial credit, I made it to fish the new fuel pump into the fuel tank. What a pain in the ass, and of course the bike had only 11 hours prior to the pump going out. Not going to buy another KTM EVER.
KC

Did you talk to your dealer before you bought the new pump?

|

The older I get, the faster I was.

2/24/2020 4:09 PM

752dad wrote:

KC

captmoto wrote:

Did you talk to your dealer before you bought the new pump?

I did call and they wanted me to bring the bike in. Don’t have a truck at this moment and since I hate to pay to have my stuff worked on, I decided to fix it myself.
I may take the failed part to them and see what they will do.

KC

|

2/24/2020 4:12 PM

Kind of surprised that Mahle would spec a plastic filter in an EFI application. Fuel pressure has to be 45 psi or so.
KC

|