KTM 350 sxf 2016 overheat and bog

Hi guys

i own a KTM 350 sxf 2016 with about 25 hours on it, the problem started small about 5 hours ago but has just gotten worse.

The bike will run really rough when you twist the throttle too the midrange, midrange up it runs perfect.
If im not careful the bike stops immidiatly by the twist of the throttle, it also needs some throttle to start both hot and cold.

After a few minutes of riding it starts to spew coolant, not a lot but a little, this happend when normal riding and also when i ride with my wife.

I have checked valving, i have changed fuel filters, i have checked the waterpump for damages but all that is fine.

Any pointers ?

FYI, there are no motorcycle dealers anywhere nearby where i live, nor are there any reknown tuners to get it remapped.

Thanks !
|
Paw Paw 271
8/16/2018 7:27am
Radiator cap needs to be replaced. They get weak over time. You may even want a higher pressure unit.
Injector needs to be cleaned.
Check TPS setting.

Paw Paw
8/16/2018 7:44am
Is there high pressure units for the KTM ?
They are 1.8 bar stock.

I have ordered the TPS tool, waiting for it in the mail..
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/16/2018 7:54am
Radiator cap needs to be replaced. They get weak over time. You may even want a higher pressure unit. Injector needs to be cleaned. Check TPS...
Radiator cap needs to be replaced. They get weak over time. You may even want a higher pressure unit.
Injector needs to be cleaned.
Check TPS setting.

Paw Paw
I’m with Paw Paw. Clean the Injector, 2.0 radiator cap and check your TPS(as you stated).

Did you check to see if you have the linked fuel line in your tank? The 2016s were known for this.

Also make sure the choke is pulled OUT when riding, IN for starting.
8/16/2018 4:43pm
2.0 radioator cap ordered.

Injector i will clean tomorrow and set the tps when the tool arrives.

The choke is always out, the bike is litterally impossible to start when the choke is pulled out, unless it is -20 degrees.

The Shop

Paw Paw 271
8/16/2018 6:36pm
Is not the enrichener fuel circuit is play when the chock knob is pulled out? If so that would make it run very rich.
Or is you r bike different?

Paw Paw
8/17/2018 1:07am
No you are right, all theese bikes work the same i recon.

I have read some about TPS problems, and this seems to maybe be a part of the problem.
Moto520
8/17/2018 8:42am
I had an issue with the radiator on my 2018 ktm250sxf. The neck where the cap attaches was not flush and allowed coolant to come out. I replaced the radiator and it's fine.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/17/2018 10:09am
Is not the enrichener fuel circuit is play when the chock knob is pulled out? If so that would make it run very rich. Or is...
Is not the enrichener fuel circuit is play when the chock knob is pulled out? If so that would make it run very rich.
Or is you r bike different?

Paw Paw
The 2016+ KTMs have a choke thats, "IN" for starting and OUT for riding. Opposite of a classic carbs and EFI.

Post a reply to: KTM 350 sxf 2016 overheat and bog

The Latest