KTM 350 2017 ohlins cartridge and shock

Related:
Create New Tag

10/23/2018 12:49 AM

There are some dealers around here pushing good prices on the TTX 22 cartridge kit and flow shock.

Anyone here ride this combo on their KTM who can give me their opinion ?
Was it worth the money ? Did it feel like a good upgrade ?

I am not happy with my AER fork, i cant seem to get rid of the initial harshness. (yes it has been revalved twice, along with countless hours of testing and adjustments)

Thanks !

|

10/23/2018 6:27 AM

I've got the cartridge kit and i like it a lot. Got it used but i would say it's definitely worth the full price.

|

10/23/2018 6:50 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/23/2018 10:49 AM

Start with the inserts and see if it helps enough, I had the 2018 insert and stock revalved and it worked like a charm.

Edit: stock shock revalved that is.

|

10/23/2018 6:52 AM

It is an 8 hour drive to pick up, so i would like to have desided before i leave smile

|

10/23/2018 10:50 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

It is an 8 hour drive to pick up, so i would like to have desided before i leave smile

Why not have them post it? Seems easier.

|

10/23/2018 10:58 AM

I have rxf48 in the front and ttx shock.
The forks are very plush, super adjustable and easy to do the setting.

Is incredible how the shock stabilizes the bike, it goes sticked to the grpund, Also very plush.

For me, one of the best reasons to use this supension is the bottoming resistance. It gives you a safety margin if you overjump or if you came short. It can handle what stock suspension can't.

|

10/23/2018 9:41 PM

Lynch wrote:

Because they are in your country, and the taxes and fees we have to pay to get this shipped across the border is insane, we are talking 40% of the value in fees, taxes +++.

|

10/24/2018 3:10 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

Because they are in your country, and the taxes and fees we have to pay to get this shipped across the border is insane, we ...more

Well makes sense! As I wrote I only used the inserts with a WP shock so I can't say much about the Öhlins shock however the inserts are more than worth it. I could never get rid of the harsh feeling the AER's had in small chopp and the Öhlins helped a ton in that area.

|

10/24/2018 8:11 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

Lynch wrote:

ktm350norway wrote:

Because they are in your country, and the taxes and fees we have to pay to get this shipped across the border is insane, we ...more

Depending on where in Norway you are from. Call rg3 in mora/orsa if it's closer to you and explain that someone is selling it for this price. He will probably hook you up, he's a good and fair guy!

Tell him Alexander Lindahl sent you if you decide to go that route, I have been loyal to him the last 5 years thru both Mx and rr. Always helpful.smile

|

10/24/2018 9:31 AM

I agree! Mats/RG3 are awesome, they helped me with my old KTM's and my current Yamaha.

|

10/24/2018 9:40 PM

I have used Mats in the past my self, he has revalved my AER suspension one time.

I have been in touch with him this time aswell but the prices are too far apart unfortunatly, the closest he could get to the ohlins price was a WP spring kit for the AER fork, but that also was about 190 dollars more than the complete ohlins kit.
Probably beacause this WP kit would require yet another revalve of the AER fork.

The ohlins just felt like a more "safe" option than the WP kit.

|

10/25/2018 12:33 AM

Oh well, worth a shot at least.. He usually hooks people up fair.

I would go ohlins too me personal, just feels better.
And it's Swedish wink

Good luck and if you rather have it shipped to Karlstad if it's a closer drive you can pick it up at my place..smile (unless you're buying it from kumlins, then I don't want to be a part of it) whistling

|

10/25/2018 3:27 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/25/2018 5:04 AM

For sure ! But i think the prices are so good because they have the items in stock, and i suppose it does not fit the 2019 KTMs..

And it looks cool with the "swedish yellow" colour wink

Im buying something else while im up there, but i will keep that in mind until next time Kawasaki-rider, Karlstad is pretty close, i live just accross the border in Kongsvingercool

(the company is tibro mc service) Not kumlinssick

|

10/25/2018 6:01 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

For sure ! But i think the prices are so good because they have the items in stock, and i suppose it does not fit the 2019 ...more

From what I know, everything will fit the 19 KTM and Huskys. Shock is the same and I am 99,9% sure the inserts fits.

Also not surprised about how people feel about Kumlins silly

|

10/25/2018 7:36 AM

Ah I see, no problem. Just hit me up here or on any social media platform and I'll try to help you smile

|

10/28/2018 8:42 PM

Your parts will fit the 19 its the same as 17 & 18

|

10/29/2018 3:38 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

There are some dealers around here pushing good prices on the TTX 22 cartridge kit and flow shock.

Anyone here ride this ...more

ship it to reiger suspensions. Best suspension in the world.

give them a mail and say what you need, you will be surprised what they can do for less money then ohlins

|

11/13/2018 12:36 AM

I purchased the ohlins and the thing looks sick !

But har anyone on here installed the cartridges themself ?
The swap itself is not a problem, i am just a bit torn on the preload shims.

It follows a LOT of preload shims too set for your liking, but ofcourse there is no guide where to start.
And the forks will need to come apart to adjust the preload shims later on if i need a change, and they most likely will need a change several times to get to the sweet spot.

Any pointers would be great smile

(the company selling the stuff was pretty clueless)

|

11/14/2018 5:56 AM

Wanna sell the AER48 to a Dane?

|

11/14/2018 6:54 AM

ktm350norway wrote:

I purchased the ohlins and the thing looks sick !

But har anyone on here installed the cartridges themself ?
The swap itself ...more

There is installation page to download PDF instructions on their website.

https://www.ohlins.com/document/64694/

Hope this helps.

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!

11/14/2018 10:47 PM

Lasse wrote:

Wanna sell the AER48 to a Dane?

Sure, hit me up on messenger / facebook and we can agree further.

Thanks MX317 !

|

9/5/2019 1:30 AM

Did you put the Ohlins inserts in your KTM? How did you like them?

Bringing up the topic as I`m looking to do the same and want some opinions.

|

9/5/2019 2:04 AM

I have the ohlins TTX cartridges on my 2015 CRF250R, They're way too soft at the minute as the guy that had them before me was lighter and I haven't gotten around to getting correct springs and a revalve yet but even like this I would take them every single day of the week over the AER 48's I had on my 2018 Husky FC250. Absolutely
horrible forks. I had them revalved, barely any difference, tried every air pressure imaginable, played with clickers so much I lost my mind and would still knock your eyeballs and fillings out over braking bumps. Wouldn't even entertain them again. Some people love them but definitely not for me!

|