KTM 150 Top End Base Gaskets

Related:
Create New Tag

3/19/2018 12:36 PM

I'm replacing the piston, rings, and base gasket on my 2017 KTM 150. Is there any marking on the cylinder or any way to tell which base gasket my bike came with stock? Looking through RMATV in the OEM parts finder I'm shown the options below (gotta love poor tolerances)
Photo

I havn't come across a gasket "kit" like i've seen on some other bikes that has only base gaskets in multiple thicknesses. Worst case scenario I will buy all of the gaskets, tear the bike apart and replace the gasket with the proper thickness one and return the leftovers, just seeing if i can avoid the hassle.

I am also planning to replace the piston with the Vertex Kit, anyone have any first hand experience with them? Havn't done a 2T top end in a while but I think back in the day my dad used Wiseco as replacements.

|

I'm not an actual kid
Red Bud Vet Fest 2020: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gpxS0KgQFc

District 14
2017 KTM 150

R.I.P. Steel City

3/19/2018 12:50 PM

The different base gasket options are so you can set the squish measurement. What you can do is measure the squish now before you strip the top end, and if it's in spec, just replace with the same thickness gasket. If not, adjust. Re pistons, vertex is the standard piston on KTMs and are excellent. Used them many times in my KTMs and they last very well. Top quality product.

|

3/20/2018 4:24 AM

When i replaced the Piston on my 150 a few Weeks ago i use a 0,30+ a 0,40mm together .
Squish is 1,1mm and Dimension X + 0,1mm

|