Is this bike making a clicking sound?

Cody_rg
9/25/2019 6:16am
It's a little hard to hear in the video, but I heard a fast clicking sound. I've heard that could mean anything from valves need adjusted to other various top end work. I don't have a well trained ear.

So what does it sound like to you?

https://youtu.be/IP4o3iuV9nM
|
DynoDan22
9/25/2019 6:29am
I didn't hear anything super alarming and I've heard a lot worse. depending on the hours on the bike, I would suspect the hydraulic cam chain tensor would need replaced. when they fail, the cam chain slaps around and causes a lot of noise. As I said, I don't hear anything too suspicious but that my opinion...What year is the bike and how many hours? I have a '19 350sx-f and me engine sounds similar.
Cody_rg
9/25/2019 6:40am
DynoDan22 wrote:
I didn't hear anything super alarming and I've heard a lot worse. depending on the hours on the bike, I would suspect the hydraulic cam chain...
I didn't hear anything super alarming and I've heard a lot worse. depending on the hours on the bike, I would suspect the hydraulic cam chain tensor would need replaced. when they fail, the cam chain slaps around and causes a lot of noise. As I said, I don't hear anything too suspicious but that my opinion...What year is the bike and how many hours? I have a '19 350sx-f and me engine sounds similar.
2015 43 hours. I could barely hear it over the exhaust. Until i paid very close attention. I can't even hear it while riding, but like i said i just don't know what I'm listening for. I'm new and learning.
9/25/2019 1:22pm
Lots of moving parts in a four stroke engine...if you listen close enough you're bound to hear something 😉. But to me this engine sounds healthy at least over the video and I've built well over 100 4 stroke engines over the past 10 years.
kb228
9/25/2019 1:43pm
No issues that i can hear. A lot of times the valve train will make some noise but its OK. Wait till you get aftermarket cams lol

The Shop

Post a reply to: Is this bike making a clicking sound?

The Latest