Indicators not working on AU CRF450X.

Edited Date/Time 6/4/2018 4:49pm
So if you didn't know, Australia gets a special version of the CRF450X. Honda Australia allows the importer to put an extra wiring loom (that is powered by the headlight plug) which allows for a horn, indicators, an electronic speedo and dash, and high/low beam.u

The wiring loom is ultra confusing as it splices into a few connectors and seems to be fairly poorly made and designed.

My issue is that the indicators don't work. I have replaced both relays, tested continuity on a bunch of wires, unwrapped the whole harness to see if there is a short, tests that the switches on the bars work, inspected the connectors, alligator clipped the earth from the triple clamps to the radiators for better grounding.

The previously did work, and then the rear only worked, then the left side only worked and now nothing works. It doesn't seem like they get any power.

Any ideas? Wiring diagram attached. Note that this is different to USA models.

|
Paw Paw 271
6/2/2018 4:31am Edited Date/Time 6/2/2018 4:31am
No real idea here except to be sure you check each ground. I find that 9 times out of 10 that most wiring issues with lights is created by a bad ground.
After that be sure you are getting power to the relays.
Also check each bulb socket for dirt or rust.

Paw Paw
6/4/2018 4:49pm
I agree with the grounding issue. Looks like a rather complicated grounding loop in the diagram.

I'd make a could of jumpers and ground the indicators straight to the frame for a test and see if the problem goes away.

You have a negative ground system, so come straight off the indicators on the ground side to the closest place on the frame and see if that clears it up.

Or you can check continuity of all your indicator grounds back to the battery ground.

Whichever is easiest for you.

Post a reply to: Indicators not working on AU CRF450X.

The Latest