Got his money!
So sketchy to watch people grab the work while the lathe is turning

The Shop

captmoto
5/27/2021 8:24am
redduk wrote:
Every time I see these videos I think Do they not know what a work bench is
Every time I see these videos I think Do they not know what a work bench is
Right? Springs and other internals dumped on the ground and then wiped clean for reuse.
blaze 57
5/27/2021 8:54am
You should see those guys rebuild cranks. Literally with a small sledge hammer.
YZed250
5/27/2021 11:45am
Can you imagine the chain of events that led up to them needing a fork service?

Probably something extreme, like cracking the frame on rough roads with a huge load on the front of the bike. People in the third world are incredibly adaptable ... he probably already tried slowing down and avoiding the bumps, but for some reason he ended up rebuilding the forks.

Probably not something like safety, preventative maintenance or fear of exploding the front wheel, again, safety.
5/27/2021 1:27pm
I always take my forks apart, polish everything that oil flows threw, including springs. Change fork oil, my 1st Bike the forks locked, after a oil change. Just take them apart again And fix them. Most important part of the bike is the forks, 1st bump you hit is with the forks. Factory riders used to say, they will ride anything. As long as it has works forks.
Sprew
5/27/2021 9:23pm
Forks seemed unsettled.
Taylor415
5/29/2021 10:26pm
doing what you can with what you got. Funny that some of you jokers make fun of it while your bike goes to the shop for a top end....
Bearuno
5/30/2021 3:53am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2021 4:12am
Taylor415 wrote:
doing what you can with what you got. Funny that some of you jokers make fun of it while your bike goes to the shop for...
doing what you can with what you got. Funny that some of you jokers make fun of it while your bike goes to the shop for a top end....
It's an example of that line "git er durn" that so many come out with.

Yes, a lot of it is scary. I've watched blokes (and blokettes) doing things in places I been, that have appalled me and impressed me. Some times, both.

I make 'things' myself, and, despite the various 'E Tech' I've in my computers, and access to pretty trick machines, away from my workshop, I'm mainly an analogue bloke. The other night, I clamped my drawing board to my light welding bench, put down some grid paper, and did the drawing and drill / cut points of a new 'thing'. I then put the grid paper over some thin plate, transferred the lines and points, to make a hard copy template. Then, put those reference marks to 9.5mm thick 6061. which, I then welded 2 together, to then drill all the holes simultaneously, as well as tapping them. Popped them apart, finish shape each plate, and, 'Bears A Boofhead', I've got a pair of 6 way adjustable DH frame drop outs to try out on a new frame. All, very primitive ( to what are, usually, p**cks who can't make a damned thing), but, it's how I like to do things, most of the time.

Some of the finest artisans / engineers I've ever come across, have been in backwater places.

By the same token, some of the most fearful repairs and builds I've seen, have been in those sort of places.

But, also, in some of the most high tech, glorious facilities I've been in, or, unfortunately bought from, I've encountered just as, or even more fearful, crap products and workmanship - hidden behind big, fancy names and reputations.
Wycked31
5/31/2021 7:56pm
I see he using the most up to date T wrenches and the new metric crescent wrench. He might be the next new suspension company. Maybe Derbi is coming back into the race scene

Post a reply to: I Wonder What He Charges For A Revalve?

The Latest