Husky TX300 38mm & 40mm PWK STIC Review

CSAR FE
7/18/2018 10:05am Edited Date/Time 7/18/2018 10:12am
Sorry I haven't updated this thread in a while. I just got finished testing with the latest revision of the 40mm, with the N3WK Suzuki needle. The latest revision is, more or less, taper bored to 40mm and retains the "air wings" in the airbox side of the venturi, unlike the last version in the picture on page 1. Bottom line up front, I believe we have the 40mm dialed! It feels like the 38mm did on the bottom, and a 40mm from midrange on up. 

I tested main jets from 185 up to 190. The 185 was too lean and made the bike fall flat on its face when put under a heavy load, such as very large sand hills. The 188 felt much better, and the 190 seemed to be the ideal setting. The bike seems to run much cooler with this setup and needle, approximately 10-15 degrees cooler at any given time. I attribute this to the richer taper and tip of this needle, versus the N3EJ needle.

There is still a slight richness off the very bottom, but I have gotten it down to only effect maybe 1/16 throttle, so it doesn’t really effect the rideablility of the bike. I am using a modified 6.5 slide that has the reed-side notch opened up, and I think that may be contributing to the rich feel by pulling additional fuel from around the needle at this low throttle setting. I am going to put an unmodified 6.5 slide back in to see if that completely cleans it up. 

Outside of this, there are no flat spots, and there is more than enough power on tap. I rode my 450 on Sunday to recage my brain for comparison’s sake, while waiting on the Suzuki needle to show up. My 300 is faster with this new 40mm and the settings I landed on today, no joke. 

Final settings:

#7 STIC Block

.115 Needle Jet

N3WK Suzuki Needle, clip 2

48 PJ

4 AS

190 Main

I believe having the “air wings” and the 38mm starting bore at the airbox side of the Venturi is the key. The bike can lug one gear higher with this revision, much like the 38mm. I feel that the bike could benefit from a larger countershaft sprocket to help the bike hook up and not upset the suspension so much from the sheer amount of power the bike it putting down. I should be able to make another video soon.
bigbear
1/13/2019 8:01am
Hello loving your right up of the Keighn carb stic mod I am in the process of get one but my question to u is which one hands down would you pick 38mm or 40mm for a 2018 KTM 300xc
BR8ES
1/13/2019 9:25am
bigbear wrote:
Hello loving your right up of the Keighn carb stic mod I am in the process of get one but my question to u is which...
Hello loving your right up of the Keighn carb stic mod I am in the process of get one but my question to u is which one hands down would you pick 38mm or 40mm for a 2018 KTM 300xc
Get the taper bore and you have both.
CSAR FE
1/13/2019 7:45pm
I am running the taper bore version now, and it is the best of both worlds. Contact George at Vortex@sticfuel.us and he can get you the full setup.

The Shop

bigbear
1/14/2019 3:40pm
Well I sent George a email and thank you for that. Do you have any pics of your tapered bore carb because I mention to Derek hp race development,and I about your tapered bore carb that retained the 38mm Keighn wings, and he said he is going to send me a pic of what it looks like, because he is saying it basically going to look like your one picture on your post and thats what we don'the want it to look like right?
CSAR FE
1/14/2019 7:17pm
bigbear wrote:
Well I sent George a email and thank you for that. Do you have any pics of your tapered bore carb because I mention to Derek...
Well I sent George a email and thank you for that. Do you have any pics of your tapered bore carb because I mention to Derek hp race development,and I about your tapered bore carb that retained the 38mm Keighn wings, and he said he is going to send me a pic of what it looks like, because he is saying it basically going to look like your one picture on your post and thats what we don'the want it to look like right?
I don’t have any pictures on hand, but mine is 38mm from the airbox side to the front of the metering block, then tapers up to 40mm on the reed (engine) side. The air wings remain untouched.
Hcallz5
1/16/2019 7:07pm
How much does one of those carbs cost? Sounds pretty awesome but not quite $500 awesome haha.

Post a reply to: Husky TX300 38mm & 40mm PWK STIC Review

The Latest