How to remove needle jet on mikuni carb 2018 KTM SX 150

Jayklash
Does anybody have any tips or even a link to a video on how to remove the needle jet on a mikuni carb from a KTM SX 150 2018
|
digger
Fantasy
3871st
10/5/2019 6:08pm
Jayklash wrote:
Does anybody have any tips or even a link to a video on how to remove the needle jet on a mikuni carb from a KTM...
Does anybody have any tips or even a link to a video on how to remove the needle jet on a mikuni carb from a KTM SX 150 2018
Remove the main jet and the holder that the main screws into. It’s has a 10mm bolt head and backs out just like a regular bolt. Now remove the top from the carb and pull the slide out. The needle jet is located in the middle of the shroud where the needle slides( that’s attached to the slide) through. I push down with a lond Phillips screw driver, but do NOT push on the shroud. It is not part of the needle jet. It should just pop right out.
Jayklash
10/6/2019 1:28am
Jayklash wrote:
Does anybody have any tips or even a link to a video on how to remove the needle jet on a mikuni carb from a KTM...
digger wrote:
Remove the main jet and the holder that the main screws into. It’s has a 10mm bolt head and backs out just like a regular bolt...
Remove the main jet and the holder that the main screws into. It’s has a 10mm bolt head and backs out just like a regular bolt. Now remove the top from the carb and pull the slide out. The needle jet is located in the middle of the shroud where the needle slides( that’s attached to the slide) through. I push down with a lond Phillips screw driver, but do NOT push on the shroud. It is not part of the needle jet. It should just pop right out.
Thanks for the help. I am trying out your jetting recommendations with the 5.0 slide

The Shop

digger
Fantasy
3871st
10/6/2019 2:25am
Jayklash wrote:
Very helpful video. Maybe it's worth me replacing the block seal while I am there?
Very helpful video. Maybe it's worth me replacing the block seal while I am there?
Yes, replace the jet block gasket while you are in there.
Bruce372
10/6/2019 7:11am
Can anyone let me know the updated mikuni jetting specs for the 2018 sx150?
macz400
10/7/2019 6:13am
Do yourself a favor and sell the Mikuni on ebay and buy a Keihin off a 2016 125/150, jet it once and forget about it. Best mod I've done to my 18 150.
Jayklash
10/7/2019 6:34am
macz400 wrote:
Do yourself a favor and sell the Mikuni on ebay and buy a Keihin off a 2016 125/150, jet it once and forget about it. Best...
Do yourself a favor and sell the Mikuni on ebay and buy a Keihin off a 2016 125/150, jet it once and forget about it. Best mod I've done to my 18 150.
Does this require an air box mod?
macz400
10/7/2019 2:02pm
macz400 wrote:
Do yourself a favor and sell the Mikuni on ebay and buy a Keihin off a 2016 125/150, jet it once and forget about it. Best...
Jayklash wrote:
Does this require an air box mod?
nope bolt it on and go.
Jayklash
10/8/2019 10:28am
Jayklash wrote:
digger wrote:
Remove the main jet and the holder that the main screws into. It’s has a 10mm bolt head and backs out just like a regular bolt...
So I do not need to remove the saddle as in the video below?
Jayklash
10/8/2019 12:48pm
Jayklash wrote:
digger wrote:
Needle jet would not come out no matter what I did I'm pretty sure I have damaged the carb now 😥
Jayklash
10/8/2019 2:24pm
The only video I could find on how to remove it was on an older mikuni carb. In the video the jet was pushed out upwards through where the throttle slide would go. I have just found a video on the new mikuni carb and the Jet is pushed out down through the float bowl this would explain why I could not get it out😓
Bruce372
10/8/2019 2:31pm
Jayklash wrote:
The only video I could find on how to remove it was on an older mikuni carb. In the video the jet was pushed out upwards...
The only video I could find on how to remove it was on an older mikuni carb. In the video the jet was pushed out upwards through where the throttle slide would go. I have just found a video on the new mikuni carb and the Jet is pushed out down through the float bowl this would explain why I could not get it out😓
Dont feel bad dude, we've all been there. I once ruined a really expensive bicycle wheel with power meter that was worth nearly a grand. I am not ashamed to say i sat and cried in my garage, LOL. Partly because it was broke, and mostly because i was an idiot.

The good news is that there are literally thousands of those carbs available cheap on the classified. Or it could be a good excuse to upgrade to the Keihin.
Jayklash
10/8/2019 2:36pm
Jayklash wrote:
The only video I could find on how to remove it was on an older mikuni carb. In the video the jet was pushed out upwards...
Bruce372 wrote:
Dont feel bad dude, we've all been there. I once ruined a really expensive bicycle wheel with power meter that was worth nearly a grand. I...
Dont feel bad dude, we've all been there. I once ruined a really expensive bicycle wheel with power meter that was worth nearly a grand. I am not ashamed to say i sat and cried in my garage, LOL. Partly because it was broke, and mostly because i was an idiot.

The good news is that there are literally thousands of those carbs available cheap on the classified. Or it could be a good excuse to upgrade to the Keihin.
Thanks man. Just found a carb from the 2017 model for a good price. It has the same part number as the 2018 so should be fine I think

Post a reply to: How to remove needle jet on mikuni carb 2018 KTM SX 150

The Latest