How to prevent pro circuit platinum pipe from rusting?

Related:
Create New Tag

11/13/2017 1:40 PM

I just sanded this pro circuit pipe and got all the rust and stuff that's on it off. It's scratched up from the sand paper but it looks better than a rusted and stained pipe. Now how do I keep the rust off for good? Is there some kind of clear coat o can spray on? Preferably something I can buy at oreillys or somewhere local. I don't want to have to oil it every day and have it just burn right off when I ride.

|

11/13/2017 4:15 PM

You sanded a platinum pipe with this finish?
Photo

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

11/13/2017 4:25 PM

kzizok wrote:

Photo

Yes

|

11/13/2017 4:28 PM

Lots of scotch-brite, then buff the hell out of it and polish it. Then you could hit it with a high-temp clear, although it may yellow.

|

If you're not mixing gas, you're not haulin ass.

11/13/2017 4:30 PM

FYI for future reference, there are much, much easier ways to remove rust..

Photo

Just keep the pipe oiled with WD-40. Yes it will burn off when you ride it, but reapplying another coat of WD-40 after washing the bike takes less than a minute.

|

Positively, absolutely 110% obsessed with anything MOTO.

11/13/2017 4:57 PM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Photo

Just keep the pipe oiled with WD-40. Yes it will burn off when you ride it, but reapplying another coat of WD-40 after washing the bike takes less than a minute.

It wasn't just rust. It looked as though it was painted or stained black and nothing would get it off except sand paper.

|

11/13/2017 5:17 PM

kzizok wrote:

Photo

z71will wrote:

Yes

OK. Yeah, WD40 works. You have to stay up on it.

|

much ty. How to spot a paid forum poster/artificial forum traffic producer (see list of actions/phrases below):

Copius pattern amounts of phrases like “Anyone have”..., “Anybody know?”.... and their variations.

Thoughts?
Any help is appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

11/14/2017 2:25 AM

The right way is to buy a new pipe and dry your bike with a towel after washing so it doesnt rust. Since you sanded the coating off youre gonna have to scotch brite it every so often.

|

2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX250F
2002 Suzuki GSXR 600

11/14/2017 5:54 AM

F150Motocrosser wrote:

Photo

Hey I used to work for the company that makes that product! Have you had good luck with the Evapo-Rust? They also make a product called Rust-Block that works pretty well as a preventative. It's not as easily accessible as the Evapo-Rust but you can order it on Amazon. It won't leave the pipe as greasy feeling as the WD-40 and protects a lot better for longer periods of time. It's also water soluble so a rinse will remove it and it comes in a typical squirt bottle.

|

2004 Honda CRF450R