How to identify a needle

Edited Date/Time 10/25/2018 7:39am
Working on jetting for my new-to-me 2006 RM250 and trying to identify what I have so I can figure out a baseline. I didn't see any sort of markings on it.

|
newmann
10/24/2018 8:08am
How old are you? After a certain age I can't hardly see any marking on them either. Laughing I keep magnifying glasses around at home and work for stuff like that. Check the parts manual and see what is stock. Maybe have to order one up to get a starting point.
10/24/2018 8:11am
newmann wrote:
How old are you? After a certain age I can't hardly see any marking on them either. :laugh: I keep magnifying glasses around at home and...
How old are you? After a certain age I can't hardly see any marking on them either. Laughing I keep magnifying glasses around at home and work for stuff like that. Check the parts manual and see what is stock. Maybe have to order one up to get a starting point.
Lol my eyes are pretty good, did I miss the markings?
RussB
Fantasy
1164th
10/24/2018 8:27am
There should be markings just underneath the bottom needle clip groove.

An NEDH needle is stock for that model RM, in clip 4 from the top.
b8res
10/24/2018 9:47am
Working on jetting for my new-to-me 2006 RM250 and trying to identify what I have so I can figure out a baseline. I didn't see any...
Working on jetting for my new-to-me 2006 RM250 and trying to identify what I have so I can figure out a baseline. I didn't see any sort of markings on it.

Unless it is a JD jet kit... I don't think that mark them with numbers, just color code.. which could have worn off... just a guess.

The Shop

10/24/2018 9:49am
b8res wrote:
Unless it is a JD jet kit... I don't think that mark them with numbers, just color code.. which could have worn off... just a guess.
Is the color code on the top of the needle? To my colorblind self it appeared to be a shade of red.
b8res
10/24/2018 10:12am
b8res wrote:
Is the color code on the top of the needle? To my colorblind self it appeared to be a shade of red.
Not familiar with the JD jet kit... But I think they use, red, blue and purple or some form of color combination to separate the different needles.

I'm like one leaner than OEM on my 06 RM.
10/24/2018 10:22am
b8res wrote:
Not familiar with the JD jet kit... But I think they use, red, blue and purple or some form of color combination to separate the different...
Not familiar with the JD jet kit... But I think they use, red, blue and purple or some form of color combination to separate the different needles.

I'm like one leaner than OEM on my 06 RM.
Is there any other way to identify that it is a JD Jet Kit? This is how I bought the bike
10/25/2018 7:39am
so i looked closer this morning at the needle and there is definitely red paint on the top of it. I will call JD today and see what info they can provide for me.

Post a reply to: How to identify a needle

The Latest