How to Ship Suspension

KTM 2FD
Edited Date/Time 5/15/2021 7:56pm
Does anyone have any ideas or experience shipping suspension? I think I really need to know is box dims if anyone has those. I will buy the box, wrap the suspension in bubble wrap and then use foam sealant for the rest.
|
Titanium
5/13/2021 10:03am
Gun case for sure. It makes it more expensive, since the case is heavier than cardboard, but it's so much easier and you know your stuff...
Gun case for sure. It makes it more expensive, since the case is heavier than cardboard, but it's so much easier and you know your stuff is safe. Also nicer for the suspension guy, as he doesn't have to repack it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B7SB486/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asi…

Hopefully you're sending it to Enzo.
Nice! is that the 42" model? And Yes, ENZO all the way...
Paw Paw 271
5/13/2021 12:02pm
m21racing wrote:
Gun case
X2... Buy the largest rifle case at the lowest price. That will be about $40 and it offers the best protection.

Paw Paw

The Shop

captmoto
5/13/2021 3:19pm
I think FC will send you a shipping box and there may be others.
If you are shipping your suspension on a regular basis then the case will pay for itself eventually.
sandtrack315
5/13/2021 6:57pm
Titanium wrote:
Yup, perfect fit. Craig at the Texas Enzo location is awesome. Somehow my Yamaha both has better turn in on leans and hold up on breaking bumps. Fast turn around too.
sandtrack315
5/13/2021 6:58pm
captmoto wrote:
I think FC will send you a shipping box and there may be others. If you are shipping your suspension on a regular basis then the...
If you are shipping your suspension on a regular basis then the case will pay for itself eventually.
Ehhh not really. It weighs 10 pounds and that adds cost to the shipping, which is probably close to a box. But it’s much easier and you ship worry free.
AJ565
5/13/2021 7:53pm
The gun case is the best way. Some of the UPS stores won’t ship them tho. They will put it in a box because “they don’t ship guns or gun cases” and then charge you more to do it.
LuiesMaes
5/13/2021 8:45pm
Gun case is a genius idea. I've used packing foam and bubble wrap in a wooden crate before. The wooden crate would probably cost more than a gun case nowadays though.
captmoto
5/14/2021 12:02am
captmoto wrote:
I think FC will send you a shipping box and there may be others. If you are shipping your suspension on a regular basis then the...
Ehhh not really. It weighs 10 pounds and that adds cost to the shipping, which is probably close to a box. But it’s much easier and...
Ehhh not really. It weighs 10 pounds and that adds cost to the shipping, which is probably close to a box. But it’s much easier and you ship worry free.
I was referring to the cost of the case itself, $100-$200 for a one time use case makes things expensive.
5/14/2021 2:33am
Titanium wrote:
Yup, perfect fit. Craig at the Texas Enzo location is awesome. Somehow my Yamaha both has better turn in on leans and hold up on breaking...
Yup, perfect fit. Craig at the Texas Enzo location is awesome. Somehow my Yamaha both has better turn in on leans and hold up on breaking bumps. Fast turn around too.
X2 for Craig decker he just did my 21 rmz, best suspension I have ridden feels like kit forks highly recommend can't say enough good things about him
sandtrack315
5/14/2021 8:30am
AJ565 wrote:
The gun case is the best way. Some of the UPS stores won’t ship them tho. They will put it in a box because “they don’t...
The gun case is the best way. Some of the UPS stores won’t ship them tho. They will put it in a box because “they don’t ship guns or gun cases” and then charge you more to do it.
Buy the label online and schedule a pick up. Never had an issue.
sandtrack315
5/14/2021 8:33am
captmoto wrote:
Ehhh not really. It weighs 10 pounds and that adds cost to the shipping, which is probably close to a box. But it’s much easier and...
captmoto wrote:
I was referring to the cost of the case itself, $100-$200 for a one time use case makes things expensive.
Yeah, just saying you will never make that money back; each time you ship, the extra weight of the case ends up costing you what packing supplies would have. The 100-200 for a one time use / shipment does not make sense, but the convenience and safety of it, over time, if you ship suspension on a regular basis, is totally worth it. I only ship stuff 1-2 times a year, and I think it's worth buying.
DuroTools
5/14/2021 9:10am
If you do use a box, use rolls of foam padding not bubble wrap, bubble wrap pops easier then you are left with zero padding.
blaze 57
5/15/2021 7:40am Edited Date/Time 5/15/2021 7:42am
Been using Stillwell suspension the last several years and they send you two boxes. One for the forks and one for the shock.

The boxes are designed to perfectly fit your suspension complete with protective foam that matches what ever make of suspension you have KYB, WP etc.

The boxes come complete with a pre-paid shipping label but of course you pay when your suspension is done before they ship it back to you. But Stillwell makes the shipping process real simple.

Factory Connection when I have used them does something similar.
yz133rider
5/15/2021 7:50am
blaze 57 wrote:
Been using Stillwell suspension the last several years and they send you two boxes. One for the forks and one for the shock. The boxes are...
Been using Stillwell suspension the last several years and they send you two boxes. One for the forks and one for the shock.

The boxes are designed to perfectly fit your suspension complete with protective foam that matches what ever make of suspension you have KYB, WP etc.

The boxes come complete with a pre-paid shipping label but of course you pay when your suspension is done before they ship it back to you. But Stillwell makes the shipping process real simple.

Factory Connection when I have used them does something similar.
Evo industries does something very similar as well.
captmoto
5/15/2021 3:45pm
Yeah, just saying you will never make that money back; each time you ship, the extra weight of the case ends up costing you what packing...
Yeah, just saying you will never make that money back; each time you ship, the extra weight of the case ends up costing you what packing supplies would have. The 100-200 for a one time use / shipment does not make sense, but the convenience and safety of it, over time, if you ship suspension on a regular basis, is totally worth it. I only ship stuff 1-2 times a year, and I think it's worth buying.
Yeah, it's all personal in how guys value their stuff. The insurance to replace something like cone valves is probably more than the cost of a case but the case won't prevent theft.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
5/15/2021 6:48pm
AJ565 wrote:
The gun case is the best way. Some of the UPS stores won’t ship them tho. They will put it in a box because “they don’t...
I work at UPS, and see gun cases come down my belt all the time. Many of which have "not a firearm" written on them.

I can say that if you were to use a gun case but then wrap that in cardboard it should be cheaper than leaving it as exposed plastic. Exposed plastic, items over 5' long, over 70#, and other items can cause your package to go down the "irregular" belt, which has an additional charge.
garagedog
Fantasy
722nd
5/15/2021 7:56pm
captmoto wrote:
I got charged $25 for a fc box.

Post a reply to: How to Ship Suspension

The Latest