Honda crf250r Vortex Ignition

Jesse314
3/17/2020 8:01pm
I am thinking of getting a Vortex ignition for my 2018 Honda crf250r. Looking to increase the power as it is a bit slow in stock form, does anyone know if getting a custom ignition reduces the life of the motor? Looking for more horsepower but I don't want the motor to expire either
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2298th
3/17/2020 9:47pm
It’s hard to say, it could go either way. Maybe the updated maps run cleaner than stock and give the bike more life.

The best people to talk to would be XPR motorsports and Twisted Development. Both these guys are on the cutting edge of mapping.

I’m a big fan of the Vortex ecu and I’ve used maps from both companies. Never had any failure issues( knock on wood).
Naanak
3/18/2020 4:25pm
It’s hard to say, it could go either way. Maybe the updated maps run cleaner than stock and give the bike more life. The best people...
It’s hard to say, it could go either way. Maybe the updated maps run cleaner than stock and give the bike more life.

The best people to talk to would be XPR motorsports and Twisted Development. Both these guys are on the cutting edge of mapping.

I’m a big fan of the Vortex ecu and I’ve used maps from both companies. Never had any failure issues( knock on wood).
I had one on my 16 Yz250f and put almost 100 hours with no issues and regular maintenance. I have about 27 hours on my 2020 Crf250r and 15 with a XPR mapped vortex and no issues so far. Checked valves and all is good so far. Knock on wood like joe said lol.

Post a reply to: Honda crf250r Vortex Ignition

The Latest