Honda OEM Clutch Cover - Sandblast and Clear Powdercoat??

Related:
Create New Tag

11/2/2018 7:59 AM

Hi,

So we all know how easily the factory paint rubs off of the Honda Clutch / Ignition covers.

Has anyone sandblasted and clear powdercoated these? Or perhaps a different media blast?

Wondering what the best method is for the OEM covers. I don't want to spend $200 on a Hinson clutch cover.

Thanks!

|

Filmmaker & Motocross Racer

www.sean-zaidi.com
www.miniworxco.com

11/2/2018 9:17 AM

Any coating is going to rub off. Theres no stopping it. That being said, id go for a cerekote finish. On covers it just looks right.

|

11/2/2018 9:40 AM

Photo

I blast mine but don't clear them. You can clean them back up with green scotch bright if you leave it bare.
|

11/2/2018 10:25 AM

JWACK wrote: Photo

I blast mine but don't clear them. You can clean them back up with green scotch bright if you leave it bare.

That looks great! I think i'll have them blasted without any clear over it then.

|

Filmmaker & Motocross Racer

www.sean-zaidi.com
www.miniworxco.com

11/4/2018 3:16 PM

So this is just sandblasted and thats it? Looks great.

|

11/4/2018 3:24 PM

bbtr_736 wrote:

Yes, only blasted using fine glass media.

|

11/4/2018 3:44 PM

bbtr_736 wrote:

JWACK wrote:

Yes, only blasted using fine glass media.

That's fantastic I will be doing that to mine. Do you find dirt sticks and stains easier.

Thanks.

|