Honda CRF250 need help!

Working on a 2006 crf250. Had no spark so replaced stator, coil, and plug. Did not pass leak down test so put in new valves and springs. Adjusted valves to spec per the manual. Then passed leak down test. When I kick the bike over I’m getting spark every time but only at the very end of the kick stroke. Is this normal? Will not kick or bump start.
|
Factor E
7/13/2021 12:29am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2021 12:30am
Ck alignment of stator plate
No new piston?
7/13/2021 6:24am
Factor E wrote:
Ck alignment of stator plate
No new piston?
This is a bike I'm working on for a friend. He purchased the bike not running and he put in a new piston, rings, gaskets and it wouldn't fire so brought it to me and asked me to shim the valves. After doing that it still wouldn't fire so I checked spark and it had none. Replaced stator, coil, plug, and now have spark. Still no fire. Did a leak down test and failed. Pulled head and intake valves were not sealing and springs were out of spec for measurement per the manual. Replaced, springs, valves, valve stem seals, and buckets. Reinstalled all, set timing, and now passed leakdown. Still no fire. Checked spark again and it have spark every kick but only on the very last bit of the stroke. I will check alignment of the stator plate again.
FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
7/13/2021 7:07am Edited Date/Time 7/13/2021 7:08am
Possible carb issue, not getting fuel. If the bike had been sitting a while not running chances are the carb is all clogged up. Starting on these bikes is very sensitive to the pilot jet, fuel screw, and hot start plunger. All of that needs to be clean, operating freely, and properly adjusted.

Remove the air filter, hold the carb slide wide open and spray starting fluid in. Try to start the bike and see if it will at least fire a little. If it does you know you have a fuel delivery issue.
7/13/2021 7:26am
FGR01 wrote:
Possible carb issue, not getting fuel. If the bike had been sitting a while not running chances are the carb is all clogged up. Starting on...
Possible carb issue, not getting fuel. If the bike had been sitting a while not running chances are the carb is all clogged up. Starting on these bikes is very sensitive to the pilot jet, fuel screw, and hot start plunger. All of that needs to be clean, operating freely, and properly adjusted.

Remove the air filter, hold the carb slide wide open and spray starting fluid in. Try to start the bike and see if it will at least fire a little. If it does you know you have a fuel delivery issue.
Yup did that yesterday. No fire at all.

The Shop

FGR01
Fantasy
1327th
7/13/2021 9:03am
Well, since you already replaced just about everything in the ignition system, the ECU is about the only thing left.
7/13/2021 11:27am
FGR01 wrote:
Well, since you already replaced just about everything in the ignition system, the ECU is about the only thing left.
According to the manual you can test output of the wires coming from the ECU and determine if its "good" or not. I did that and all numbers were within the range listed. I'm stumped

Post a reply to: Honda CRF250 need help!

The Latest