Honda CR carburettor help

Related:
Create New Tag

8/16/2018 8:27 AM

Could anyone help me out. I’m looking at buying a Keihin PWK carburettor for my 2003 Honda CR 250 but do not know the exact carb I need?

|

8/16/2018 9:13 AM

Long body 91 mm from a 2000 CR250 or 99 model will be your best option. The 99 had a richer slide than the 00 model.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/16/2018 10:45 AM

JD Jetting is a great source for these carbs. They’ll include a jet kit. I think they are about $270. Not bad when you consider the jet kit is $80. I just put one on my 2004 CR250. It has never ran better.

|

8/16/2018 11:16 AM

Thanks both. I’m from uk so don’t really want to buy from US

|

8/16/2018 11:17 AM

H4L wrote:

Long body 91 mm from a 2000 CR250 or 99 model will be your best option. The 99 had a richer slide than the 00 model.

I’ve added a link to an eBay item. Would you be able to tell me if this is the correct carb? Many thanks for your help
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263753601813

|

8/16/2018 12:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 12:19 PM

brooklynevans wrote:

I’ve added a link to an eBay item. Would you be able to tell me if this is the correct carb? Many thanks for your help
...more

That appears to be a screw top Keihin carb which is the older style that fits the 02-03 CR2. It's a 39mm which isn't a bad thing, but the 38mm is the popular choice as it will give better lower end response.
I'd suggest emailing the seller & ask if it's a PWK quadvent. That's the good one IMHO.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/16/2018 12:49 PM

H4L wrote:

Long body 91 mm from a 2000 CR250 or 99 model will be your best option. The 99 had a richer slide than the 00 model.

brooklynevans wrote:

I’ve added a link to an eBay item. Would you be able to tell me if this is the correct carb? Many thanks for your help
...more

H4L wrote:

That appears to be a screw top Keihin carb which is the older style that fits the 02-03 CR2. It's a 39mm which isn't a bad ...more

Thanks very much. I don’t know much about them so appreciate your help. The seller has 2 other keihin PWKs. Is the short body the one I’d need? Linked that below
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F263753590092

|

8/16/2018 2:26 PM

No... you need the screw on cap style.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

8/16/2018 6:33 PM

brooklynevans wrote:

Thanks very much. I don’t know much about them so appreciate your help. The seller has 2 other keihin PWKs. Is the short body ...more

No, as BR8ES mentioned. That is the short body Keihin with tps that works better for the 04-07 CR2 models.

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

8/16/2018 9:46 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/16/2018 9:52 PM

|

Speak softly and carry a big stick.