Highest hp ktm 250sxf?

dbx33
Who's got the highest hp 250sxf and whats your setup?
|
Reekers
10/8/2020 9:12pm
16 250. 48hp. Vortex ignition, HC piston, r&d billet throttle body, porter head, custom cams. Just bought a 2019. Not sure on what route to go
Bruce372
10/9/2020 8:51am
Call tom zont racing in Illinois. He has a dyno and makes some fast privateer bikes
romain524
10/9/2020 10:44am
If you’re willing to spend A LOT of money you can go to Chad at XPR. My buddy that race 250 SX got his full engine package with Akra pipe, Vortex, Rekluse Torque drive and VP MrPro6 and on his dyno is 55hp. You can get a map for T4 and it will make a bit less power. The stock bike on his dyno is 41hp.
SwapperMX
10/10/2020 3:35am
romain524 wrote:
If you’re willing to spend A LOT of money you can go to Chad at XPR. My buddy that race 250 SX got his full engine...
If you’re willing to spend A LOT of money you can go to Chad at XPR. My buddy that race 250 SX got his full engine package with Akra pipe, Vortex, Rekluse Torque drive and VP MrPro6 and on his dyno is 55hp. You can get a map for T4 and it will make a bit less power. The stock bike on his dyno is 41hp.
Holy shit. That's unreal power. Would be an awesome bike to ride I bet. Wouldn't like to be paying the bills to build and maintain though.

The Shop

stone881
10/11/2020 7:44am
I have a 17 that dyno'd just short of 53 hp, but it is bored 20 over. HP racing built it for me; massaged the head, R and D throttle body, Vortex ignition, and of course the big bore.

Absolutely love the power and delivery, and it still handles like a 250. It wasn't cheap, probably 3k into the build, but well worth it to me.
romain524
10/11/2020 5:23pm
romain524 wrote:
If you’re willing to spend A LOT of money you can go to Chad at XPR. My buddy that race 250 SX got his full engine...
SwapperMX wrote:
Holy shit. That's unreal power. Would be an awesome bike to ride I bet. Wouldn't like to be paying the bills to build and maintain though.
Yeah it’s really fast! Kilian Auberson tested my buddy’s bike that he had in 2018 and he said it was faster than the Factory Service KTM 250f that he rode at the motocross of nation at redbud for team Switzerland. It was the bike that Dakota Alix used for supercross on the Rocky mountain ktm team, so it was a factory ktm.
The 2019/2020 bike was even better so I can’timagine! The price for an engine like that is roughly $9000! I’m not sure if it includes the price of the akra pipe.
The engine is actually really reliable, He changes the piston every 20h!
10/26/2020 12:07pm
Very excited to try some of Chads work for myself !

I sent my parts to him from Norway last week, previosly only used builders up here in Europe who gets around 46hp on a dynojet from a SXF250 2016+, stock 41hp.
This is with a stock piston that is turned down for more compression, porting, vortex ECU and HGS exhaust.

Others make up to 48hp with more or less the same work but for this we need to move further down in Europe.
Reekers
10/26/2020 3:20pm
I have a vortex and a billet throttle body I’d anyone’s looking to make their 250 scream. 515-851-0283
romain524
10/27/2020 1:31am
Ktmnorway wrote:
Very excited to try some of Chads work for myself ! I sent my parts to him from Norway last week, previosly only used builders up...
Very excited to try some of Chads work for myself !

I sent my parts to him from Norway last week, previosly only used builders up here in Europe who gets around 46hp on a dynojet from a SXF250 2016+, stock 41hp.
This is with a stock piston that is turned down for more compression, porting, vortex ECU and HGS exhaust.

Others make up to 48hp with more or less the same work but for this we need to move further down in Europe.
Volleberg in Holland are doing great jobs with 4 strokes. They were or maybe still are the standing construct bikes, Were doing HSF Logistics and Diga Husqvarna bikes before, they did Julien Lieber KTM the year that he raced as a “privateer” in MX2.
They probably work on other bikes but I forgot.
10/27/2020 1:46am
romain524 wrote:
Volleberg in Holland are doing great jobs with 4 strokes. They were or maybe still are the standing construct bikes, Were doing HSF Logistics and Diga...
Volleberg in Holland are doing great jobs with 4 strokes. They were or maybe still are the standing construct bikes, Were doing HSF Logistics and Diga Husqvarna bikes before, they did Julien Lieber KTM the year that he raced as a “privateer” in MX2.
They probably work on other bikes but I forgot.
I have tried to find out who has been building the engines for some of theese raceteams.
I also know that Cosworth had a small hand in building the engines for the Steve Dixon team, theese bikes were rocket but seemed to be ticking time bombs aswell.

PowerbyJJ in Sweden seems to be an up and coming builder, i know he has some connections directly to KTM but i dont know how much input he gets from them.

Chad at XPR also seems like he has some good information on what the factory KTM is doing to their engines.
romain524
10/27/2020 2:14am
Ktmnorway wrote:
I have tried to find out who has been building the engines for some of theese raceteams. I also know that Cosworth had a small hand...
I have tried to find out who has been building the engines for some of theese raceteams.
I also know that Cosworth had a small hand in building the engines for the Steve Dixon team, theese bikes were rocket but seemed to be ticking time bombs aswell.

PowerbyJJ in Sweden seems to be an up and coming builder, i know he has some connections directly to KTM but i dont know how much input he gets from them.

Chad at XPR also seems like he has some good information on what the factory KTM is doing to their engines.
Which parts did you send to Chad? Did he give you a quote on pricing?
One thing I’m wondering is his capacity to map ECU for european pump gas as it’s slightly different than California pump gas. He is maybe used to it for his international customer from Europe or Australia.

Volleberg is doing a lot of GP bikes so I guess he is doing a great job. I know he is doing Shaun Simpson’s bike aswell. I’m wondering his price.

I have seen that tuner before on the EMX125 bikes from the kids in Scandinavia, mostly ktm/hva sweden.
10/27/2020 3:06am
romain524 wrote:
Which parts did you send to Chad? Did he give you a quote on pricing? One thing I’m wondering is his capacity to map ECU for...
Which parts did you send to Chad? Did he give you a quote on pricing?
One thing I’m wondering is his capacity to map ECU for european pump gas as it’s slightly different than California pump gas. He is maybe used to it for his international customer from Europe or Australia.

Volleberg is doing a lot of GP bikes so I guess he is doing a great job. I know he is doing Shaun Simpson’s bike aswell. I’m wondering his price.

I have seen that tuner before on the EMX125 bikes from the kids in Scandinavia, mostly ktm/hva sweden.
I sent him my head and Vortex ECU, getting some more parts in return like piston and other accessories.
Yeah i got a quote on the pricing.
My bike isnt being mapped for pump gas but VP and ETS, this is the safe route to go anyway i feel.

Yeah i dont know about Vollebergs pricing, but Chads pricing was not bad compared to the other companies i have used further down in Europe in the past, the biggest difference is the work done i think.
I have never had copper valve seats done before but this is something Chad thinks is good so for this engine i will try this, but i have never heard of this by any of the other engine builders, but this ofcourse drives the price up a little.

Yes he makes some mean screaming KTM/HVA 125`s !
fc202
Fantasy
1383rd
12/4/2023 8:45pm
romain524 wrote:

To clarify 250 2 stroke right 

romain524
12/5/2023 7:55am
fc202 wrote:

No it was a ktm 250 sxf, so 4 strokes. It was Chad’s full package at the time, around $8000.

i remember for Supercross it was a bit too fast when the track was getting rough so they made a smoother map.

i haven’t seen the dyno sheets myself, my friend was the riders mechanic and that’s what he told me. Obviously the reading would vary between dynos and condition that day, probably on another dyno that bike could be 52.

i just know that this bike was pretty much the best you could have as a privateer. 

fc202
Fantasy
1383rd
12/5/2023 8:14am
fc202 wrote:

romain524 wrote:
No it was a ktm 250 sxf, so 4 strokes. It was Chad’s full package at the time, around $8000. i remember for Supercross it was...

No it was a ktm 250 sxf, so 4 strokes. It was Chad’s full package at the time, around $8000.

i remember for Supercross it was a bit too fast when the track was getting rough so they made a smoother map.

i haven’t seen the dyno sheets myself, my friend was the riders mechanic and that’s what he told me. Obviously the reading would vary between dynos and condition that day, probably on another dyno that bike could be 52.

i just know that this bike was pretty much the best you could have as a privateer. 

Oh man what a blast that bike must be, just goes to show why guys like the 250fs for SX though cause you can get the HP out of them and it’s all useable power for the factory guys 

Post a reply to: Highest hp ktm 250sxf?

The Latest