High PSI cap

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2018 4:35 AM

I just bought some new rad. hoses from CV4, and in a lot of the reviews I was reading on the product people were claiming the cv4 hose kit plus a high pressure radiator cap were dropping their operating temperature by 10° plus.

Are high psi caps the bees knees or are they just a “performance part”? Maybe they’re best for hot weather riding?

|

9/21/2018 6:10 AM

Don't the KTMs come with a 1.8? Just higher boil over pretty much. Not sure how the cap reduces temps though.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

9/21/2018 6:10 AM

They raise the boiling point of the coolant due to being a higher pressure. You can also use Evans waterless coolant instead it has the same effect basically.

|

9/21/2018 10:19 AM

DB97 wrote:

They raise the boiling point of the coolant due to being a higher pressure. You can also use Evans waterless coolant instead it has the same effect basically.

Evans waterless coolant doesn't boil until it hits 375F. It also doesn't build pressure like water bearing coolants.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

9/21/2018 10:35 AM

Makes your hoses easier to puncture. Would upgrade to silicone hoses.

|