High PSI cap

Related:
Create New Tag

9/21/2018 4:35 AM

I just bought some new rad. hoses from CV4, and in a lot of the reviews I was reading on the product people were claiming the cv4 hose kit plus a high pressure radiator cap were dropping their operating temperature by 10° plus.

Are high psi caps the bees knees or are they just a “performance part”? Maybe they’re best for hot weather riding?

|

9/21/2018 6:10 AM

Don't the KTMs come with a 1.8? Just higher boil over pretty much. Not sure how the cap reduces temps though.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

9/21/2018 6:10 AM

They raise the boiling point of the coolant due to being a higher pressure. You can also use Evans waterless coolant instead it has the same effect basically.

|

9/21/2018 10:19 AM

DB97 wrote:

They raise the boiling point of the coolant due to being a higher pressure. You can also use Evans waterless coolant instead ...more

Evans waterless coolant doesn't boil until it hits 375F. It also doesn't build pressure like water bearing coolants.

|

Many thanks to everyone helping me out this GNCC season: SRT Offroad, Acerbis, FCR Suspension, O'Neal Racing, Evans Waterless Coolants, Rekluse, Twin Air, Braking Brakes, Carbsport

Profile image credit Ken Hill Photography

9/21/2018 10:35 AM

Makes your hoses easier to puncture. Would upgrade to silicone hoses.

|