High Bend Bar Suggestions?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/21/2019 10:41 AM

Looking for recommendations on high bars and what numbers to choose. Im 6'1" and when standing on my bike i notice I have to lean over more and it gets uncomfortable after a while. I ride my brothers crf with renthal bars (the numbers wore off) and feel WAY more comfortable on it while standing. I found the windham and reed high bend but im not sure on what the differences are? If anyone has pictures of these bars on their bikes, post a pic below!

|

2/21/2019 10:45 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/21/2019 10:46 AM

its all based on preference. Go on the renthal website, its lets you compare bars. pictures alone aren't going to give you much to go on. or go to your local shop and hold a few sets of bars. What feels comfortable for one person might not feel comfortable for you.

|

2/21/2019 10:48 AM

|

2/21/2019 11:02 AM

Like fourfourone said, bars are extremely personal preference. However, just for reference, I’m 6’2”, and prefer the Reed/Windham Twinwall 998 bend, to point you in a direction

|

2/21/2019 11:09 AM

I run Twinwall 997 with the cross bar removed so it flexes a bit. I run the same bar on every bike I buy/own. Renthal's site has a great tool to compare. If you like the ktm bend but want taller bars, use the site to compare.

|

2/21/2019 12:21 PM

999 highest bend they got.

|

Thanks to- Monster energy, Mika metals, DT-1 filters,Factory connection, works connection, factory effex,acerbis,O'Neal,Scott,Hann wheels,Maugra USA, Engine ice,Slick products,Leatt. Yes me sponsors are real.

2/22/2019 3:17 PM

Don't forget about the reach... that's a big factor too. I'm 6'1" also, with long arms, but I don't love tall bars. Instead, I run a 971 bend (stock '05 Honda/MC bend) but with the bar clamps adjusted forward. This brings the bars out of my lap, and thanks to the head angle on the top clamp, also moves them upward a little.
Tall bar bends always seemed too curvy for me. (Curved upward at the end.)

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/22/2019 3:52 PM

Just get risers

|