Help with ktm85sx

I have a 2017 ktm85sx. My boy was riding the other day and he parked in first gear. I went to push it and it rolled very easy. So I checked the compression. The compression was 70. So after that I installed a new top end. It ran fine for about half an hour. And now it won't idle and will only start at wot. Any ideas would be appericated.
|
7/21/2021 9:45am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2021 9:45am
I have a 2017 ktm85sx. My boy was riding the other day and he parked in first gear. I went to push it and it rolled...
I have a 2017 ktm85sx. My boy was riding the other day and he parked in first gear. I went to push it and it rolled very easy. So I checked the compression. The compression was 70. So after that I installed a new top end. It ran fine for about half an hour. And now it won't idle and will only start at wot. Any ideas would be appericated.
Clean carb
7/21/2021 12:27pm
I had already had the carb apart twice and cleaned it. But I just pulled it apart and took everything completely apart and cleaned it again. I think the third time fixed it. Thanks for your input!
ZOSICK
7/29/2021 1:17pm
Was there a big change in temperature? Once it's running, how does it run?

The Shop

7/30/2021 3:28pm
I haven't checked the compression. I need to go to that. So we race at a county fair the other night. And the bike would kinda sputter or pop and high rpms. I was told to check the reeds. They look to be in good shape. But you can see loght through them. Do you think that could be my problem.

Post a reply to: Help with ktm85sx

The Latest