Help, Husqvarna Clutch Slave out

After 35hrs on my 2018.5 rockstar fc450 the clutch slave shit the bed. Everyone knows eventually it’s gonna happen. From talking to friends and hearing others I did pretty well making it to 35hrs before it giving out. Husqvarna fix that shit.

Now which route to go? Which aftermarket slave are you running?

Is KTM slave compatible to the husqvarna? If so, better quality? Brembo? Oberon? What slave is reliable and give me a much longer lifespan.
|
XC706
Fantasy
799th
2/1/2019 8:55pm
The KTM brembo unit will solve this issue.
2/1/2019 9:08pm
XC706 wrote:
How’s the lifetime of brembo vs stock husqvarna?
Tomok
2/1/2019 9:08pm
KTM Brembo piston and seal.
XC706
Fantasy
799th
2/1/2019 9:22pm
XC706 wrote:
How’s the lifetime of brembo vs stock husqvarna?
Very rare to hear the Brembo unit failing.

The Shop

2/2/2019 5:03am
Had the same issue with my 18.5 Rockstar edition and it had only 11 hours I believe. I was going to do a full Brembo conversion because Husqvarna would only replace the slave cylinder and it’s a 3 hour ride to the dealer so I decided to try the Oberon unit instead. I was told you can also just rebuild them using the Brembo piston, seal and spring.
2/2/2019 5:46am
Can you just rebuild it? What failed on it?
Carlino,
Yes that’s the way I was going to go
Seal by the piston is blown.. seeing what worked best for other guys
2/2/2019 5:48am
723 wrote:
Had the same issue with my 18.5 Rockstar edition and it had only 11 hours I believe. I was going to do a full Brembo conversion...
Had the same issue with my 18.5 Rockstar edition and it had only 11 hours I believe. I was going to do a full Brembo conversion because Husqvarna would only replace the slave cylinder and it’s a 3 hour ride to the dealer so I decided to try the Oberon unit instead. I was told you can also just rebuild them using the Brembo piston, seal and spring.
Thanks 723, id be fucking heated already replacing at 11 hours.. how’s Oberon holding up/how many hours now on it? You do full Oberon system or just rebuild internals?
2/2/2019 6:02am
723 wrote:
Had the same issue with my 18.5 Rockstar edition and it had only 11 hours I believe. I was going to do a full Brembo conversion...
Thanks 723, id be fucking heated already replacing at 11 hours.. how’s Oberon holding up/how many hours now on it? You do full Oberon system or...
Thanks 723, id be fucking heated already replacing at 11 hours.. how’s Oberon holding up/how many hours now on it? You do full Oberon system or just rebuild internals?
Just got it yesterday and will be putting it in today. I called Husky and they said well sorry but you have to take it to the closest dealer over 3 hours 1 way. I said well I have a KTM dealer 10 minutes away and they said nope can’t have KTM do it. I’ll let you know how it does tomorrow.
2/2/2019 10:32am
723 wrote:
Thanks 723, id be fucking heated already replacing at 11 hours.. how’s Oberon holding up/how many hours now on it? You do full Oberon system or...
723 wrote:
Just got it yesterday and will be putting it in today. I called Husky and they said well sorry but you have to take it to...
Just got it yesterday and will be putting it in today. I called Husky and they said well sorry but you have to take it to the closest dealer over 3 hours 1 way. I said well I have a KTM dealer 10 minutes away and they said nope can’t have KTM do it. I’ll let you know how it does tomorrow.
Yeah man that would be awesome for some feed back. Best of luck to ya
2/2/2019 10:36am
723 wrote:
Just got it yesterday and will be putting it in today. I called Husky and they said well sorry but you have to take it to...
Yeah man that would be awesome for some feed back. Best of luck to ya
Well I just put it on about an hour ago. Easy 10 minute install. Clutch pull feels a bit stiffer then the factory slave. It seems to engage a little bit sooner also but that might change after getting some ride time on it
captmoto
2/2/2019 1:04pm
I used the KTM part. Mine let go at 30 hours. It works just fine.
2/2/2019 1:16pm
captmoto wrote:
Cap, did you get the ktm slave cover or just rebuild using the stock cover?
captmoto
2/2/2019 5:39pm
captmoto wrote:
I rebuilt using the KTM slave piston and the stock cover so internal parts only. I needed pliers to remove the piston. The seal was shredded and seemed to be folded over and jammed. I could replace one now in 15 minutes including bleeding the clutch.
2/2/2019 6:28pm
captmoto wrote:
captmoto wrote:
I rebuilt using the KTM slave piston and the stock cover so internal parts only. I needed pliers to remove the piston. The seal was shredded...
I rebuilt using the KTM slave piston and the stock cover so internal parts only. I needed pliers to remove the piston. The seal was shredded and seemed to be folded over and jammed. I could replace one now in 15 minutes including bleeding the clutch.
Awesome.. looked in my service manual cd and of course they mention the clutch slave twice. Removing the cover when disassembling the engine, and removing cover to get front sprocket off. Figure you buy such a nice bike the service manual would show you every single bolt and o-ring....

Watched a quick YouTube vid looks simple. Gonna call my dealer Tuesday and pick up the ktm rebuild kit keeping the stock cover. Will post back when I get the slave working again.
Appreciate the input cap
Bruce372
2/2/2019 7:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2019 7:29pm
I bought the oberon it arrived from UK in 3 days, put it on and it's worked flawlessly for the last 2 years
captmoto
2/2/2019 9:48pm
Awesome.. looked in my service manual cd and of course they mention the clutch slave twice. Removing the cover when disassembling the engine, and removing cover...
Awesome.. looked in my service manual cd and of course they mention the clutch slave twice. Removing the cover when disassembling the engine, and removing cover to get front sprocket off. Figure you buy such a nice bike the service manual would show you every single bolt and o-ring....

Watched a quick YouTube vid looks simple. Gonna call my dealer Tuesday and pick up the ktm rebuild kit keeping the stock cover. Will post back when I get the slave working again.
Appreciate the input cap
Use a little grease on the new piston seal when you put the new one in.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
2/3/2019 7:01am
I just purchased some new brake fluid and I’m wondering if the seals going out is from the fluid that’s in there?

I read online that silicon fluid can eat them up. Then I saw BelRay offers a silicon fluid which maybe people run in the Huskys. Any thoughts?
MX915
2/3/2019 9:18am
FWIW the slave part number for the 18.5 and 19 models has been updated.

Output Cyl. Dot Cpl. 27mm
original partnumber 79432061044
superceeded by 79432061144
2/6/2019 11:11am
Awesome.. looked in my service manual cd and of course they mention the clutch slave twice. Removing the cover when disassembling the engine, and removing cover...

Appreciate the input cap
captmoto wrote:
Got brembo rebuilt kit yesterday. Went ahead and bought two sets. One for back up next time this slave gives out. Put in it stock cover, took 5 min to bleed to bleed the clutch I’m back on the track. Hoping this piston/seal get me further than 35hrs
mx317
2/6/2019 1:31pm

Appreciate the input cap
captmoto wrote:
Did you get the spring that is behind the piston, or does the Magura have one? I bought the piston kit, but didn't get the spring.
mx317
2/6/2019 1:33pm

Appreciate the input cap
captmoto wrote:
Got brembo rebuilt kit yesterday. Went ahead and bought two sets. One for back up next time this slave gives out. Put in it stock cover...
Got brembo rebuilt kit yesterday. Went ahead and bought two sets. One for back up next time this slave gives out. Put in it stock cover, took 5 min to bleed to bleed the clutch I’m back on the track. Hoping this piston/seal get me further than 35hrs
I am at 23 hours on my Rockstar Husky and thought I would rebuild mine before it lets go at a race. I haven't pulled mine apart yet.
2/6/2019 2:31pm

Appreciate the input cap
captmoto wrote:
mx317 wrote:
Did you get the spring that is behind the piston, or does the Magura have one? I bought the piston kit, but didn't get the spring.
I got the rebuild kit also, didn’t come with a spring. Just the piston/seal/o ring/ and the little ball inside the piston. Just used the stock spring that was with the Magura slave that sits behind the piston. Super easy. 15 min job max with clutch bleeding.

Make sure you fill the piston with oil where the line goes in. You can manually press the piston to pull oil in, slowly letting it out, making sure there’s no air in the slave it’s self.
mx317
2/6/2019 2:41pm
I got the rebuild kit also, didn’t come with a spring. Just the piston/seal/o ring/ and the little ball inside the piston. Just used the stock...
I got the rebuild kit also, didn’t come with a spring. Just the piston/seal/o ring/ and the little ball inside the piston. Just used the stock spring that was with the Magura slave that sits behind the piston. Super easy. 15 min job max with clutch bleeding.

Make sure you fill the piston with oil where the line goes in. You can manually press the piston to pull oil in, slowly letting it out, making sure there’s no air in the slave it’s self.
Thanks! I may go ahead and do mine before it goes out at the worst time. I've been carrying it with me in my spares box in case it went out at a race or ride.
11/23/2019 9:04pm
Damn, I just picked up a 19 FE450 used with 23 hrs. got it home and the clutch was gone. Read another forum they said you could just replace the seal this is cut and paste from,,, dare I say it,,, thumper talk.

~ Hi if your slave has leak, it tends to be the o ring although the bore can have a nick in it. KTM do not list the o ring and want you to buy a new piston! If you need to change it, just pop the slave in a poly bag and give the lever a pull so it pops out. The o ring size is 23.52 x 1.78 which KTM actually uses on another engine part - part no 07700210 or you can use a slightly oversize one at 23.52 x 2.00 if the bore is worn - again KTM part no 0770230020. Use 600 paper to smooth bore if any roughness. Both o rings will cost less than one of your dollars. Hope this helps. Bob.

I ordered the o-ring from local KTM dealer, at first he couldn't find it. will see how the cheap route goes before I spring for a Brembo.... what a disappointment, and with the holiday week he said it could be two weeks before I see it. Ordering it online would be like a $8 shipping charge for a $1.34 part.

Post a reply to: Help, Husqvarna Clutch Slave out

The Latest