Header help!

mwssquad827
I have a 1982 Suzuki dr 250 and the header/ pipe is almost rusted through.. and before I get the “it’s a turd/pos/not worth your time comments, it was my dads and I tracked it down after he passed away!! Soooo I looked for after market and OEM and couldn’t find anything... could I take it to a muffler shop and have them bend it like the stocker and fit it to a universal fmf pipe?? Or any other suggestions?
Thanks
|
rob162
2/22/2018 1:27am
Call up MRD exhaust or bills pipes they may be able to replicate it for you. I know they both do custom exhaust for regular customers. Just might take a lil time.
2/22/2018 3:05am
You could, if it’s worth it and you can’t find a pipe. I’m not sure how the exhaust flange to the cylinder looks, but if it’s not a typical flange, they could have to chop it off the old one and weld it to the new one.

Contact Pacific Crest Pipe Repair and see if they can do anything for you.
mwssquad827
2/22/2018 9:44am
Hey thanks guys!! The mrs website looks very promising!!
mwssquad827
2/22/2018 12:47pm
Hey thanks guys!! The mrs website looks very promising!!
Nope!! Any other suggestions?? Could I clean and coat with something?

The Shop

omalley
2/22/2018 1:44pm
If you get either of the above, I’d get it media (glass bead) blasted, then either ceramic coated (jet hot, etc), or get some header paint. I found some for my daughters crf150 at autozone, I think VHT makes it. It’s a ceramic based paint and they also have a primer which filled in small roughness after the rust was gone. Once it’s primed and painted, there’s heat cycle instructions that “set” the paint. Once done, it’s a really nice OE-style flat black and supposed to be really durable.

And don’t listen to any haters. I would do the same as you, even if my dad’s bike was a Honda spree.
mwssquad827
2/22/2018 4:46pm
omalley wrote:
If you get either of the above, I’d get it media (glass bead) blasted, then either ceramic coated (jet hot, etc), or get some header paint...
If you get either of the above, I’d get it media (glass bead) blasted, then either ceramic coated (jet hot, etc), or get some header paint. I found some for my daughters crf150 at autozone, I think VHT makes it. It’s a ceramic based paint and they also have a primer which filled in small roughness after the rust was gone. Once it’s primed and painted, there’s heat cycle instructions that “set” the paint. Once done, it’s a really nice OE-style flat black and supposed to be really durable.

And don’t listen to any haters. I would do the same as you, even if my dad’s bike was a Honda spree.
Thanks dude I appreciate it.. but that’s pretty much what I’m starting with. But I will look in to blasting and painting!! Any ideas with cleaning the inside of the head pipe?

Post a reply to: Header help!

The Latest