Have a wrecked my forks?

chump6784
1/20/2019 1:13am
This weekend i noticed one of my forks leaking so i pulled it apart. Upon inspection i noticed a small nick in the leg just below where the seal sits when the bike is on the stand.
I've repaired a few of these before by lightly sanding them out with varying grit of sandpaper. Well today I got a little carried away and sanded a little too far and wore through the chrome making a spot around 5mm x 3mm in size.
Will this little blemish in the chrome affect the suspension or is it small enough that it shouldn't matter?
|
kb228
1/20/2019 7:24am
Depends on how deep you went. Worse thing is the seal wont do its job because the tube isnt round in that area.
Andy7
Fantasy
1292nd
1/23/2019 5:01am
If it still leaks you can get them DLC coated, TiN coated or just re-chromed
DaveJ
1/23/2019 6:55pm
chump6784 wrote:
This weekend i noticed one of my forks leaking so i pulled it apart. Upon inspection i noticed a small nick in the leg just below...
This weekend i noticed one of my forks leaking so i pulled it apart. Upon inspection i noticed a small nick in the leg just below where the seal sits when the bike is on the stand.
I've repaired a few of these before by lightly sanding them out with varying grit of sandpaper. Well today I got a little carried away and sanded a little too far and wore through the chrome making a spot around 5mm x 3mm in size.
Will this little blemish in the chrome affect the suspension or is it small enough that it shouldn't matter?
As long as everything is smooth and polished, chrome or not, you'll be fine.

Post a reply to: Have a wrecked my forks?

The Latest