Good way to get oil off frame, caliper, rim, etc?

Alec138
I have a yz250 with horrifically rich jetting and it has blown oil all over the rear end. This week i am starting in on it to get it crisp and running correctly. What is the best way to take off oil on aluminum wheels, swingarm, etc? I have some goo gone gel and simple green layin around the house...

Also for the jetting experts, we have a 09’ yz250 that runs at the exact same altitude, etc as my bike, would it be wise to copy the jetting from it to my bike and go from there? It has no issues at all, runs crisp.

Thanks guys!
|
kb228
8/19/2018 1:57pm
Dawn and wire brush
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/20/2018 7:29am
Alec138 wrote:
I have a yz250 with horrifically rich jetting and it has blown oil all over the rear end. This week i am starting in on it...
I have a yz250 with horrifically rich jetting and it has blown oil all over the rear end. This week i am starting in on it to get it crisp and running correctly. What is the best way to take off oil on aluminum wheels, swingarm, etc? I have some goo gone gel and simple green layin around the house...

Also for the jetting experts, we have a 09’ yz250 that runs at the exact same altitude, etc as my bike, would it be wise to copy the jetting from it to my bike and go from there? It has no issues at all, runs crisp.

Thanks guys!
Yes try and copy the jetting, they are the same bike.

Post a reply to: Good way to get oil off frame, caliper, rim, etc?

The Latest