Good plastics kit for Yam

Tom711
10/2/2017 6:26am
I recently bought a 2013 YZ250 and have fitted a polisport restyle kit which to be honest is garbage. The fitting was terrible and now with just a few hours use (and no major crashes) the plastics are going white, as you’d expect if they were bent excessively. I’ve used polisport in the past on ktm and they seemed fine, but really aren’t good for the Yamaha. What’s people’s recommendations? I’m thinking I may give cycra a try.
|
Acidreamer
10/2/2017 9:23am
Cant go wrong with cycra or acerbis. My experience with polisport on my last yamaha was poor as well. The plastic was weak and just a poor blend of material. You def get what you pay for. That being said blue plastic has always been my least desirable thing to deal with because of the white marks from bending. My yz250 had white marks on the shrouds from squeezing the tank i guess. It was never wrecked with the new polisport pieces. Definitely frustrating.
r.sal923
10/2/2017 10:04am
Acerbis is best. The polisport is junk and never fits right . I can only comment on cycra for my yz450, it all fits well except the air box cover is whack. Cycra also turns white when bent.
davidgrip
10/2/2017 2:26pm
Acerbis. Excellent Fit and Great Durability. I have run multiple seasons on 1 set. They also have the full set for your Yamaha.
David 774 Kawasaki KX450F
Factory Backing
Factory Seat
Acerbis
Dunlop
MX Engine Stand
Matrix Concepts

The Shop

10/5/2017 12:06am
I've got an 02 with new style OEM plastics with the exception of rear fender which is UFO. 120 hrs of trail riding on them this year and they still look good after being dropped down rocky ledges, trees, etc etc. Here in the States, the OEM Yamaha plastic isnt that much more than the aftermarket, fit perfectly, and are very durable. Havent used Polisport since I owned a Husqvarna a few years back and was not impressed..
10/5/2017 2:59am
I've got an 02 with new style OEM plastics with the exception of rear fender which is UFO. 120 hrs of trail riding on them this...
I've got an 02 with new style OEM plastics with the exception of rear fender which is UFO. 120 hrs of trail riding on them this year and they still look good after being dropped down rocky ledges, trees, etc etc. Here in the States, the OEM Yamaha plastic isnt that much more than the aftermarket, fit perfectly, and are very durable. Havent used Polisport since I owned a Husqvarna a few years back and was not impressed..
What year style plastic did you get and how's it look?

Was looking at the Polisport for $140, but not too sure now!
10/5/2017 5:49pm
I've got an 02 with new style OEM plastics with the exception of rear fender which is UFO. 120 hrs of trail riding on them this...
What year style plastic did you get and how's it look?

Was looking at the Polisport for $140, but not too sure now!
New OEM style 2015-17. Click on my profile and there is a pic of it there.
YZfan1230
10/7/2017 5:14pm
I know UFO makes a restyle kit for the Yamaha two strokes as well, no idea how it holds up but it might be a good call

Post a reply to: Good plastics kit for Yam

The Latest